Reports to: Service Manager
Field Network Engineers are strong in all the most common and popular networking technologies. In addition to strong technical aptitudes, backed by at least 2 years of in the trenches experience, this person is a good communicator and a person who can manage client's expectations. This person should be prompt and/or know the importance of communicating time to resolution to the client. Field Network Engineers should be skillful at pre-project/work-briefings with each client. This person should then be able to execute with a high degree of success in integrating and/or solving problems in environment with multiple Windows Servers, Cisco based networks, VPN's, firewalls, backup systems and more. The more truly capable the engineer is in all these areas, the higher the compensation.
- Audit client's networks and report findings in order to move client's configuration towards best practices
- Troubleshoot and install desktop computers, smartphones, VOIP phones, and printers.
- Configuration of Office 365 mail accounts and standard email clients.
- Installation, configuration, troubleshooting and customization of MS Office Suite applications per customer's preferences
- Understanding of and ability to install, configure and test workstation hardware including video cards, NICs, sound cards, hard drives, and PDAs
- Network Server – Experience preferred with Windows Server
- Configuration, Active Directly, file, print and remote access services
- Administration, including add/remove users and groups, configure file permissions, check event logs, configure and restore from backup
- Administration of enterprise e-mail application, including add/remove users and group, configure folder permissions if applicable, forward mail to other accounts, and add aliases
- Takes ownership of tasks and follows through to ensure complete resolution
- Takes a personal interest in, and responsibility for, quality of work they perform or are associated with
- Ability to pay close attention to detail while performing technically detailed tasks
- Ability to deal effectively with stressful situations
- Ability and willingness to recognize when it is necessary to ask for technical expertise from others without unnecessarily burdening other team members
- Ability to provide accurate time estimates for how long a task will take
- Understands that the success of individuals is measured by the success of their teams
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies through the use of self-study materials and intuition
- Ability to articulate technical information clearly and simply to non-technical people
- Enjoys helping people to the extent that no problem is considered mundane, no matter how simple the solution
- Is self-motivated and can be self-directed when necessary
- Enjoys sharing information, supporting others, and working on a team to achieve team goals
- Ability to work as part of a team of engineers who perform after hours on-call
- Willingness to service clients up to 2.5 hours away via your preference of day trips or overnight travel
- Document all work and time within service ticketing and technical documentation systems
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Expert knowledge base to install and manage OS, administer users accounts, security, configuration, patch management, updates and configure network connectivity for supported programs.
- Comprehensive understanding of configuration and initialization files, error logging, event viewer as they pertain to software applications. Must be able to gather, organize, analyze and/or potentially resolve software issues. Effectively use escalation procedures and able to manage priorities.
- Experience required with Windows desktop operating systems
- Strong experience with system security including the management of Certificates, WSE, NTFS, Bitlocker, and Share level Permissions.
- Extensive network skills and experience including TCP/IP; DHCP, DNS, WINS, Workgroups, Domains, Active Directory. Additionally, the configuration, management, and troubleshooting of firewall, switches, and routers.
- Understanding of relationship between switches, hubs, patch panels and connecting nodes to a network
- Experience with Terminal Services and/or Citrix
- Working Knowledge of Non Cisco Firewall Technologies - SonicWALL, Linksys, NetGear
- Working Knowledge of Wireless Technologies
Credentials and Experience:
- Requires a minimum of five years of experience in the service industry, preferably critical, customer service experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience – Cisco Switching, VLAN, Routing, Firewalling Support
- Minimum 2 years’ experience - Server Hardware Technologies (CPU/RAID/SCSI) Support
- Minimum 2 years’ experience - Data Backup and Recovery Support, Corporate Antivirus Support, VPN Connectivity Support
- Has at least one certification. The following certifications are preferred: MCDST, MCSE, MCP, CCNA/CCDA/CCNP, Project+, Network+, Apple
- Solid dependable engineer, follows directions and maximizes billing opportunities
- Consistently receives good client feedback
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $65,000.00 /year