JOB SUMMARY: With minimal supervision, the Architect performs discipline responsibilities within Project and Departmental Budgets. Architect is accountable technically to the Best Practices Leader and administratively to the Department Manager as well as Project Managers for successfully executing the architectural group's work. Architect is expected to serve in the role of Project Discipline Lead to execute several projects of different sizes simultaneously.
1. Work closely with other discipline Project Leads, Engineers and Designers to deliver technically correct and graphically complete project documents including drawings and sketches.
2. Excellent communication and teamwork skills
3. Provide clear and concise direction to Architectural Designers and Senior Designers on project in which the Architect serves as Project Discipline Lead
4. Take responsibility for layout and detailing of architectural projects
5. Independently coordinate work of a multidiscipline team through multiple phases of a project; proactively request information needed to progress your work as well as informing others of information they need to complete their work.
6. Participate in reviews with various governing agencies for code compliance
7. Conduct work sessions at project site in conjunction with Project Manager and other disciplines
8. Coordinate workload of team members through multiple phases to complete documents on schedule and within budget; Prepare and update (on a weekly basis) project workplan/forecast
9. Review architectural documents for areas of conflict with all disciplines
10. Write and edit architectural specifications and reports
11. Coordinate with and assist affected disciplines with construction bulletins, requests for information
12. Review construction phase submittals
13. Attend project and discipline/ department meetings as required
14. Ensure conformance of the discipline's work with customer and Process Plus standards and practices
15. Manage issuance of documents for quality control through the department and office.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 5 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement