SENIOR SALES ENGINEER
As the Senior Sales Engineer, you’ll be key to championing solution-based business development opportunities for some of our largest and most important clients. This means we’ll depend on you to use your creativity and expertise to transform ambiguous and often complex opportunities into significant deals.
In this role, you’ll also support the growth of the business by providing technical sales support for clients and the regional sales force, including pre and post client interaction throughout the sales process. You will collaborate with the sales team to produce technical, architectural, and engineering deliverables that lead to new opportunities and profitable sales. If you enjoy challenging projects, using new technologies to reach strategic business goals, and leveraging your entrepreneurial spirit, then this is the role for you!
· Participate in the entire sales process – initial discovery, project review, design submission, component installation
· Work with clients to present a technical perspective on the company’s sales offering.
· Collaborate with the Local Operations Teams to obtain contractor quotes in support of sales opportunities
· Provide alternative solutions as required to meet unique end user, component or installation criteria
· Assist with development of client presentation tools and coordination of end-user site visits
· Develop sales and marketing strategies for key vertical market segments
· Provide company representation in industry forums, conferences, and related events
· Interface with internal departments to ensure accuracy and timeliness of solution delivery to individual end users
· Develop and implement product and application training programs for Sales organization
- Builds business by identifying and selling prospects; maintaining relationships with clients.
- Identifies business opportunities by identifying prospects and evaluating their position in the industry; researching and analyzing sales options.
- Sells professional services and technology solutions by establishing contact and developing relationships with prospects; recommending solutions.
- Maintains relationships with clients by providing support, information, and guidance; researching and recommending new opportunities.
- Identifies professional service and technology improvements by remaining current on industry trends, market activities, and competitors.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Resolving client issues by investigating problems, developing solutions, and making recommendations to management.
Job Skills & Qualifications:
· Built Environment and Workforce asset management technical and business process skills
· Excellent analytical, written, verbal communications, and documentation skills
· Ability to maintain focus and business acumen under sometimes stressful sales/business negotiations
· Presentation Skills
· Client Relationships / Account Management
· Emphasizing Excellence
· Energy Level
· Prospecting Skills
· Meeting Sales Goals
· Sales Planning
· Motivation for Sales
Education / Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s Degree, equivalent work or military experience
· 7+ years of relevant experience
· Must be able to communicate technological asset centric solutions and product knowledge not only to technical but to business users as well
· Understanding of the Sales Cycle and where the Sales Engineering Team is responsible
· Strong knowledge of Cloud, SaaS, Professional Services as a Solution and Government, Financial, Enterprise verticals.
· Must excel in competitive situations
· Effective solutions sales competences, advanced solution selling abilities, excellent clients communications including proposal creation and delivery and knowledge of RFP processes
· Effectively be able to teach and mentor junior sales force
· History of managing key accounts over multiple years
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $130,000.00 - $140,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- relevant: 7 years (Required)
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place