Charlotte, NC (hybrid) or Fully Remote To protect the health and safety of our employees, our offices are closed. When our offices reopen, the organization will be moving to a hybrid work model.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At Brighthouse Financial, we’re fostering a culture where diverse backgrounds and experiences are celebrated, and different ideas are heard and respected. We believe that by creating an inclusive workplace, we’re better able to attract and retain our talent, provide valuable solutions that meet the needs of our advisors and their clients, and deliver on our mission of helping more people achieve financial security.
How This Role Contributes to Brighthouse Financial:
The Web Content Specialist is responsible for supporting all new and existing web through content updates, optimizations, and web page sunsets. The Web Content Specialist will work closely with team project managers, business partners and web developers by updating webpage and asset properties, performing internal testing and supporting business partner user-acceptance testing (UAT). The Web Content Specialist will also provide general platform oversight by maintaining platform records and running reports as needed.
This individual plays a critical role supporting business partners through IT initiatives as a technical liaison, helping to convert business needs into functional requirements, coordinating business project milestones, developing test plans, and supporting deployment activities.
- Oversee the daily management, monitoring, and maintenance of the website, including but not limited to:
o Managing all assets, web properties and metadata
o Conducting periodic content audits to ensure the sites are updated with the most relevant and timely content for our audiences.
o Ensuring website quality and efficiency by conducting regular test plans and running content/entitlement reports
o Supporting testing and deployment activities
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Works closely with team members to manage web content through project workflows
- Works with business partners to translate requirements into functional requirements and provide project status updates
- Serves as a liaison between business partners and our IT Solution Owner throughout the web development project process
- Manage workflow and governance plan for content management
Compensation and Benefits:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience preferred
- 5+ years total work experience
- 2 - 5 years’ experience in web content management with a focus on web delivery and asset management (experience with Adobe AEM and Target a plus)
- Has knowledge of technical and business terminology and the web development process as well as basic understanding of HTML and CSS.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to balance multiple projects under tight deadlines while maintaining a strong attention to detail.
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong listening and comprehension skills.
- Competencies: Customer focused, communication skills, interpersonal skills, and project management skills
- Compensation : Base salary ranging from $75,000 to $85,000 plus competitive performance-based incentives determined by company and individual results
- Time Off : Minimum of 20 days of paid time off and 13 paid company holidays per full calendar year, plus paid volunteer time
- Financial Benefits : 401(k) savings plan with up to a 6% annual match and 3% annual company nondiscretionary contribution of eligible compensation, and employee stock purchase plan
- Family Focus : Up to 16 weeks of paid leave for new parents, back-up care program, dependent care flexible spending account, and adoption and surrogacy assistance
- Health and Welfare : Competitive medical, vision and dental plans, plus tax-free health savings accounts with potential company contributions up to $1,000 per family
- Wellness Programs : Wellness incentive platform, employee assistance program, financial counseling services, fitness center discounts and more
- Life & Disability Benefits : Company-paid basic life insurance and short-term disability
Number of Openings: