SigMast Communications Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Canada, develops mobile communications software for the world’s largest telephone companies.
SigMast is now accepting applications for a Junior Performance Test Engineer position to join our Performance Testing team. Working on application system testing, an ideal candidate will demonstrate they are:
- an excellent problem solver, technical analyst, troubleshooter, and debugger;
- a proactive self-starter willing to take ownership, advocate on behalf of the customer, and think outside of the box; and
- willing to contribute to team success.
This position is based out of our Bedford, NS office, but it may require international travel. Due to our need to support a wide geographic area, candidates who are proficient in a language other than English are encouraged to highlight their linguistic capabilities and any international experience.
- Bachelor of Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Experience in Unix shell scripting, Perl, Python or Go.
- Familiarity with C++, Java, or any OOP language.
- Experience in developing or working with testing frameworks.
- Experience with software QA practices. This includes, but is not limited to test design, test plans, test automation, and test execution.
- Proficient in several types of performance testing such as load testing, stress testing, spike testing, and soak/longevity testing.
- Knowledgeable in current technologies including database platforms, cloud platforms, automation tools, DevOps, and configuration management.
- Familiarity with SQL, stored procedures, and general database operations.
- Experience with source code control systems such as CVS, Git, SVN, Mercurial, or ClearCase.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- A demonstrated ability working in a team environment.
- Experience in testing telecommunications systems would be a strong asset.
- Identify key load and performance testing scenarios, understand various user interactions, and simulate with test data definitions.
- Design and implement performance test plans, and test cases for new and existing functionality using load testing tools.
- Automate the generation of performance test reports using telemetry frameworks (InfluxDB/Grafana).
- Assist management with project scoping and scheduling.
- Interface with other internal groups such as Product Development, Database Administration, and System Administration as required.
Compensation & Benefits
SigMast considers competitive salaries as part of an overall compensation strategy. Salary levels are tied to your experience, role within the company, and the general market. Comprehensive benefits are important to attract qualified individuals to SigMast. To remain competitive within the industry, and to ensure that you remain with us, we offer a competitive benefits package that covers your basic medical and insurance needs.
By applying for this position, you are confirming you possess a Canadian citizenship, permanent residence status or a valid work visa.
SigMast is an equal employment opportunity employer.
We thank you for your interest in working for SigMast. Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time