Do you enjoy finding elegant solutions to hard problems? On your current team, are you the one that's always looking for common patterns or automating repetitive tasks? Can you effectively work from home?
Heuristic Solutions is seeking a full-stack Software Developer to join the LearningBuilder product development team. This is a dynamic position with opportunities to wear many different hats while building and supporting a web-based .NET SaaS application.
In this position you will be primarily responsible for implementing new LearningBuilder features. On any given day you may find yourself:
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing, documenting, and fixing issues reported by the Implementation Team
- Writing automated tests at the unit, integration, or system level
- Contributing to product design decisions
A secondary responsibility of this role is "integrations and implementation support" in which you may find yourself:
- Using AWS features to integrate LearningBuilder with 3rd party systems
- Performing "advanced configuration" tasks involving stored procedures, custom database views, and C# scripting
- Importing data into or exporting data out of the system
- Building tools and utilities for automating routine tasks
Key indicators of success in this role are an inquisitive mind, a commitment to continual improvement, proven teamwork and communication skills, an understanding of software design principles, and an awareness of when and how to ask for help when you need it. Prior experience working remotely is a definite advantage.
Our Columbus-based product team is fully remote and makes liberal use of Teams, Yammer, and email to remain connected and collaborative.
We believe that "face time" is important and, pre-pandemic, those within driving distance of Columbus would get together for bi-weekly, full-day co-working sessions. We might reinstate that practice in the future, but for now we use the occasional happy hour or team outing to stay connected to each other.
- Implements product features according to stated requirements, adhering to team standards for coding style, quality, approach, etc
- Contributes to the analysis and estimation process (estimates tasks, defines requirements, etc)
- Creates technical design documentation
- Pairs with the QA team to design and implement automated tests
- Collaborates with Business Analysts to perform advanced configuration tasks within LearningBuilder and its supporting environments
About Heuristic Solutions
Heuristic Solutions is a technology consulting firm founded in 1996 and headquartered in Arlington, VA. We believe in being pioneers while searching for new and innovating ways to solve problems, acting intentionally to deliver predictable success, and working together to achieve excellence as a team. We value diversity and seek people that will show up every single day ready to make a fresh contribution.
LearningBuilder is our state of the art credentialing management platform that is used by certification, accreditation, and licensing organizations. Over 1M licensed and credentialed practitioners use LearningBuilder to manage their credentials. It is a remarkable product supported by a remarkable team - come join us!
The ideal candidate will. . .
. . . have at least 5 years of experience in a software development role using C# / ASPNET MVC / JS (or equivalents)
. . . possess a strong understanding of software design fundamentals
. . . be proficient with basics of relational databases (tables, views, stored procedures, etc)
. . . have experience writing various types of automated tests
. . . work well in a fast paced environment as a self-starter, but know when and how to ask for help
. . . have experience in an Agile environment (or have an open mind about learning)
. . . demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills and excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
. . . be able to work collaboratively and effectively with diverse staff, colleagues, and clients
. . . enjoy learning and actively be working to expand their knowledge base and worldview (tech or otherwise)
. . . be within occasional driving distance of Columbus, OH
Health benefits, 401k contribution, monthly stipend for fully remote employees.
We enjoy 10 floating holidays each year, and will likely be adding Juneteenth as an 11th in 2022.
In 2021, we launched a pilot program that gives every employee their birthday off as a free PTO day.
Salary is 85,000 - 105,000 plus benefits.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $72,913.68 - $159,979.35 per year