Full Relocation Assistance!
U S Citizens & Green Card Holders ONLY!
Must HAVE at least 3+ years of industry experience.
*The main focus of this position will be:
Understand/improve friction properties and wear behavior of materials used in the current system
with appropriate diagnostics techniques and equipment.
Develop/improve friction & wear testing methods tools and process and transfer to manufacturing.
Understand particle & molecular contaminants transport mechanism in product and test
Characterize type and amount of contamination by collecting contamination samples and performing relevant tests.
Develop/identify cleaning methods by using proper materials, equipment, and processes without
sacrificing product performance.
Develop methods to determine the degree of cleanliness, and validate cleaning efficacy.
Implement contamination budgeting and monitoring throughout the process.
Write contamination control procedure and train technicians to efficiently implement
the procedure in manufacturing.
Create and maintain a roadmap of surface figuring technology to support client products
by investigating possible candidate techniques and evaluating their capabilities and limitations.
Minimum: MS in Material Sciences, Physics or other engineering disciplines with at least 5 years’ work related experience in tribology.
Preferred: PhD in Material Sciences, Physics or other engineering disciplines with at least 3 years’ industry experience specializing in tribology and optical polishing systems including IBF.
- *Expert knowledge in material and material interaction (especially glass, ceramics, thin film materials, gases, etc); with deep understanding of the fundamentals of friction and wear processes of metallic, ceramic, and polymeric materials.
- Expert knowledge in testing techniques & equipment to evaluate friction and wear behavior of materials.
- Working knowledge in thin film deposition / evaporation technology;
- Expert knowledge in manufacturing process optimization;
- Expert knowledge of MATLAB and/or LabVIEW for data collection and analysis to drive solutions; Working knowledge of PID controllers.
- Extensive experience in system integration and troubleshooting;
- Extensive experience in verification and material characterization techniques like interferometer, microscope, SEM/TEM,AFM, White light interferometer etc *
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00 to $120,000.00 /year