Job Title: Additive Manufacturing Technician
Location: Durham, NC
Reports To: Manufacturing Engineer
Status: Full-time, non-exempt
Effective Date: May 15th, 2021
Compensation: Not disclosed
restor3d enables surgeons to improve the reconstruction and repair of the human body through 3D printed implants with enhanced anatomical fit and superior integrative properties. We leverage expertise and experience in 3D printing of key biomedical materials spanning a wide range of properties, seeking to improve medical device solutions.
Additive Manufacturing Technicians will be primarily responsible for the operation of 3d LBPF metal printers, along with supporting the post-processing and additional production functions.
Principal responsibilities for the position include the following. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Full operation of 3d metal printers. Includes machine unload, setup, operation, maintenance and general upkeep and troubleshooting.
- Plating, prepping and software support for metal printers. Inclusive of all functions required to start a build on metal printers.
- Aid in post-processing steps done on common shop equipment (micro-blasting, grinding wheel, deburring tools).
- Aid in testing of verification samples on hydraulic and electronic test frames. Support R&D engineers during testing of devices for other purposes.
- Operate from start to finish in-house heat treatment of build plates. Loading, operating, troubleshooting and maintenance of furnace.
- Follow appropriate safety precautions, including usage of PPE and maintaining lab cleanliness.
- Visual inspection of manufactured goods as part of quality-controlled process.
- Some college education is preferred.
- Preference given to technical training and degree work.
- 1 year of experience in an additive background (SLA, Polymer, Metal, etc)
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in a regulated industry, including adherence to proper paperwork protocols and good quality practices.
- Ability to routinely lift 35 lbs during a shift
- Ability to be standing for 3+ hours during a shift
- Strong visualization skills
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT
Position may involve the use of:
- Basic hand tools
- Direct Metal Printers
- Polymeric 3D Printers
- Media Blasting Cabinet
- Testing Frames
- Cleaning and Inspection Equipment
- Respirator and other PPE
MATERIALS HANDLING / EXPOSURE
Position will involve handling of ultra-fine metallic powder. May involve handling of other raw materials and waste material applicable to the manufacture of medical devices.
Position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Position requires the ability to intermittently lift and carry up to 50 pounds and to operate while wearing a full-face respirator, protective clothing, eye protection, and/or hearing protection. A respirator fit test will be required prior to working with a respirator. Position may require extended periods of standing, extensive work with the operator’s hands and tools, as well as occasional squatting, kneeling, and working with a ladder.
Working conditions include standard office and laboratory conditions as well as conditions of a machine shop. Machine shop conditions may include noise, dust, and elevated temperatures.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $24.00 - $30.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
All employees wear masks and are actively getting vaccinated.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place