About Applied Dynamics
Applied Dynamics is a digital engineering and industrial digital transformation solutions company. We have been pushing the limits of simulation and real-time systems for over 60 years. Applied Dynamics flagship product, ADEPT, is the most advanced real-time, industrial Internet of Things (IoT) software platform available, providing an agile, open architecture, feature-rich environment for the complete product lifecycle from development through integration, verification, validation, certification, deployment, and sustainment. ADEPT embraces an open architecture and allows its users to leverage best-in-class COTS components. The ADEPT user base includes 14 of the global top 35 A&D companies and extends into marine, power systems, oil & gas, and the automotive industry.
ADI offers an excellent work environment along with versatility. We are a small, agile company that develops technology based on strong engineering processes, but without the bottlenecks of large companies. We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefit package, including competitive Health and Dental plans, employer-paid Life Insurance, employer-paid Short- and Long-Term Disability, 401(k) Plan with a company match, PLUS a unique Vacation Policy that allows an “accelerated accrual” based allocation based on years of experience in required position.
Our ADEPT software suite is in use around the world for a variety of industries including aeronautics, automotive, manufacturing and academic research. In this role, the software engineer will help enhance our server-side software, including the development of device drivers for the latest communication devices and protocols. They will participate in all phases of the development process. The ideal candidate will have programming experience developing software for real-time platforms.
Primary Job Duties:
- Actively participate in design and development of the ADI real-time system using C on various hardware platforms
- Design, develop, program, and unit testing for software to meet functional requirements and validation procedures
- Reviews and modifies existing systems software to improve performance, correct errors, and conform with compatibility requirements of available hardware
- Identify customer configurations with department teams to meet specifications of contract/proposal
- Analyze requirements and prepare functional and software system solutions
- Assist in the software design process for existing and new systems
- Other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- 5+ years in a Software Engineer role is preferred
- Embedded processor devices – ARM, PowerPC, MPC565, Coldfire, etc.
- FPGA experience.
- Communication device experience (CAN, Ethernet Serial, ARINC, Modbus, etc.).
- Familiarity with hardware diagnostic tools (bus analyzers, scopes, meters, etc.
- RTOS development platforms and concepts (QNX, Real-time Linux, VxWorks, etc.).
- MATLAB®/Simulink®, C++, Python.
- Working knowledge of hardware design concepts.
- UNIX / Linux based operating systems; additional background developing in a real-time framework is desirable
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive team member with positive attitude working toward continual improvements and collaborative team solutions
- Strong organizational, analytical, and time management skills
- Ability to learn new concepts quickly
In compliance with Federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify their identity and eligibility to work in the United Sates and to complete the required Employment Eligibility Verification upon hire. ADI uses E-Verify to conduct eligibility checks. We do have some Government contracts that may require specific citizenship requirements such as US Citizenship or Permanent Resident due to security clearances.
ADI, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws or common laws in the UK, regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The company is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical appearance, disability, religion, veteran status in employment or handicap is prohibited.
Job Type: Full-time