Polycor/Rock of Ages seeks an experienced CNC Specialist to help take our team to the next level of manufacturing automation within the granite industry. This position will involve working with all CNC equipment across each of our operating groups to develop training, standards and best practices for implementation at each location by effectively performing the following:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Create and maintain multi-axis CNC programs to produce parts using CAD/CAM software.
- Prepare detailed work instructions and supervise machining processes.
- Provide operator training, manufacturing support and problem solving.
- Maintain the master CNC program directory, through proper file management techniques, to ensure the integrity of CNC programs.
- Ensure compliance with current CNC programming standards and best practices.
- Optimization of CNC machining processes.
- Function as subject matter expert and mentor for other programmers and operators. Choose the most efficient methods of manufacture, understand the time and equipment required, and interact with technicians, designers and engineers to suggest design improvements for manufacturability/machinability.
- Support lean manufacturing initiatives through active participation in continuous improvement activities. These may include establishing workflow, set up reductions, productivity and quality improvements.
- Develop and lead initiatives to achieve 'Lights Out Manufacturing'.
- Manage and standardize the selection of cutting tools and holders.
- Support maintenance and production with troubleshooting of machinery and tooling.
- Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers, supervisors, and vendors.
- Perform safe operation of machines.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in engineering, with a minimum of 3 years of experience with set-up, programming and troubleshooting of CNC machines OR extensive work experience in setup, programming and management of multiple CNC environments.
- Fluent in the creation and validation of 3 to 5 axis CNC machining programs.
- Basic working knowledge of CNC programming using CAD/CAM and/or manual G-codes. Knowledge of AlphaCAM is a plus!
- Expert knowledge of Solidworks or other solid modeling software required to create models.
Ability to read and interpret technical drawings and blueprints.
- Ability to write detailed work instructions to support all aspects of machining.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to maintain a positive and professional attitude.
Rock of Ages is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Do you have basic working knowledge of CNC programming using CAD/CAM or G-codes?
- Do you have expert knowledge of Solidworks or other solid modeling software?
- CNC Machine Operation or Extensive work: 3 years (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)
Willingness to travel:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Work Location: Multiple Locations