- 3+ years of relevant work experience in marketing, marketing communications, community marketing, and/or digital/high-technology companies/products
- 2+ years of experience in community building and community management
- 1+ years of experience leveraging social social platforms, such as : Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Snapchat, and LinkedIn
- 1+ years of experience in managing and driving online social communities
Are you a passionate technical audience marketer who thrives when getting involved in grassroots initiatives and building lasting relationships with community leaders and influencers? The AWS Marketing Team is seeking a driven, talented, and experienced community marketing manager to engage with developers worldwide, driving awareness, adoption, and advocacy of the AWS cloud.
As Developer Community Manager, you will act as a liaison between our internal developer marketing & evangelism teams, and the global community of AWS users. You will be responsible for defining and driving on-point messaging, creating compelling community engagement tactics, and building strategic, customer focused, community & events based marketing programs. You will also be responsible for building lasting relationships with prominent developers who are influential within AWS technical communities, providing them with tools and resources to share knowledge of AWS within their networks.
Position may be located in Seattle, San Jose, or near any Amazon/AWS U.S. Corp office only. Relocation offered from within the US only to these locations
- Define and own a global vision for developer community engagement by developing awesome community awareness programs
- Drive event strategy, execution, and measurement for community engagement into our developer-focused marketing presence at AWS and large third-party events
- Work closely with AWS Field Marketing and Developer Relations teams, to scale our developer community engagement & advocacy programs globally
- Build tactics for analyzing and quantifying the impact of our developer community engagement & advocacy programs
- Research and on-board external vendor tools (e.g. community management platforms), to support the scaling of team programs
- Willingness to travel and ability to work autonomously
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
- A Bachelor degree in marketing, business, technology, or relevant field of study
- Experience in managing complex and multi-faceted marketing programs with the ability to drive projects through completion.
- Experience driving consensus and articulating program recommendations and tradeoffs to senior leadership
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
For San Francisco:
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For Los Angeles:
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The base pay range for this position in Colorado is $75,200- 131,600/ yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.