Competitive Compensation & Benefits Package!Position eligible for –
- Annual incentive bonus plan
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance with low deductible/low cost health plan
- Generous vacation and sick time accrual
- 12 paid holidays
- State Retirement (pension plan)
- 401(k) Plan with employer match
- Company paid life and disability insurance
- Wellness Programs
See attachment for additional details.
Location: * Negotiable for any of our office locations; Hybrid or Remote Option Available
Projected Hiring Range: Depending on Experience
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Primary Purpose of Position: *
This position performs complex professional work in the creation and maintenance of the relational databases utilized by the LME/MCO.
Role and Responsibilities: *
Design, develop or implement SQL databases and analytical procedures necessary to satisfy the needs of the agency as outlined by policies and procedures and to meet the requirements of North Carolina State and Federal law. Certifies accuracy and completeness of applications by preparing data and testing features, functionality, and results. Prepares documentation of all procedures, changes or maintenance in applications.
60% \*Application/Database Analysis and Development.
- Develop and modify existing SQL databases and database management systems to meet the evolving requirements of the LME/MCO.
- Develop and maintain relational Data Views for use by other agency analysts and report writers.
- Assist with the design and development of data schemas and definitions to support Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing requirements.
- Test programs or databases, correct errors and make necessary modifications.
- Develop data models describing data elements and how they are used and accessed by other applications and reporting subsystems.
- Review project requests, develop specifications and estimate effort required to accomplish project.
- Review procedures in database management system manuals for making changes to database.
- Work as part of a project team to coordinate database and reporting development and determine project scope and limitations.
- Identify and evaluate industry trends in database systems to serve as a source of information and advice for the IT Development Manager. Write and code logical and physical database descriptions and specify identifiers of database to management system or direct others in coding descriptions.
- Review workflow charts developed by system analyst to understand tasks computer will perform, such as updating records.
- Revise agency definition of data as defined in data dictionary
40% \*Data Analysis and reporting.
- Analyze, support, prepare, and verify agency compliance with computing and reporting requirements, including ANSI Transactions (837I, 837P, 835, 999, 270/271, 834, etc.), state quarterly Concern and Complaint reporting, state Screening Triage and Referral (STR) quarterly reports, required 1915(b)/(c) Waiver reporting, and other data file exchanges and reporting.
- Developing reports as requested by LME/MCO staff in accordance with agency standards.
- Creates complex reports and Data Cubes using various software tools such as structured query language (SQL), Microsoft SQL Server Reporting, Visual Studio, Power BI and Microsoft Excel.
- Independently audit and verify system information from both system generated and user produced reports for consistency and accuracy.
- Review reports to determine basic characteristics, such as origin and report flow, format, frequency, distribution and purpose or function of report.
- Confer with persons originating, handling, processing, or receiving reports to identify problems and to gather suggestions for improvements.
- Evaluate findings, using knowledge of workflow, operating practices, records retention schedules, and office equipment layout.
- Recommend establishment of new or modified reporting methods and procedures to improve report content and completeness of information.
- Participates on QI committees, data committees and other structured workgroups as a technical resource and as an IT Department liaison.
- Assist IT staff with the development of automated processes as required in completion of the current and long-range goals set forth by the IT Development Manager. Works with Project Teams and business resources to gather business requirements and drive functional and technical designs for Business Intelligence solutions (Data Warehouse, ETL, Metadata, Operational/Tactical/Strategic Reporting, and Dashboards)
- Researches complex data issues; examine data in various source systems for inconsistencies, review transformation logic and propose corrective alternatives.
- Deliver projects on time and within budget with a high degree of quality
- Work with multiple cross-functional project teams to accomplish development activities that will include (but not be limited to) logical and physical data modeling leveraging BI design principles, semantic layer modeling and design, universe design and development, report design, development, testing and deployment, dashboard design, development, testing and deployment
- Create complex technical reports and reporting infrastructure including data definitions and views.
- Conduct comprehensive analysis to produce complex documents that clearly define quality assurance, testing criteria, prototypes and mock-ups; measure results in sufficient detail; utilize version control for requirements.
- Compile and integrate data from outside sources; analyzes errors in digital file exchange and makes corrections;
- Review requests for special database applications, data, maps and data layer; estimates time of completion and creates solutions to meet needs;
- Obtains, analyzes, queries and manipulates data
Performs other job-related tasks as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Considerable experience and knowledge of MS SQL Server 2014 or above
- Considerable knowledge of computers and related information technology devices
- Considerable knowledge of the software packages utilized by the agency
- Considerable knowledge of programming techniques, the appropriate programming language(s), operating systems, and the capabilities and limitations of computer and peripheral equipment
- Demonstrated technical aptitude through strong analytical skills, problem identification and resolution, organizational skills, creativity, and critical thinking
- Excellent customer service and written and oral communication skills required in working with users and team members
- Ability to communicate effectively with users who may not be coherent in clarifying problem situations
- Ability to understand operations and organize component parts into a logical system
- Ability to work under time constraints and to be able to perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to display a positive attitude and show initiative to meet departmental goals and exceed customer expectations
- Ability to communicate well with staff at various levels throughout the agency to understand their needs and communicate how they can leverage technology to successfully complete their assigned tasks
- Demonstrated strong work ethic by contributing high quality work to a number of projects, a willingness to be available as required outside standard hours, personal motivation, and the ability to meet or exceed deadlines
Education and Experience Required: *
Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science and three (3) years of progressively responsible programming experience in relational database or using Structure Query Languages (SQL) or an equivalent combination of training and experience. Must have ability to travel as needed for the position.
Job Type: Full-time