- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- Time Management
- Driver's License
- Customer Service
- Microsoft Office
The Quality Engineer is responsible for working with the Director Of Service Ops to monitor and improve the overall repair process, production and quality of products repaired in the service center. This position will implement, support, and sustain quality elements through procedure generation/modification, training, auditing and technical support.
The Quality Engineer will determine methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for the service center. This person will serve as a key resource for the Director Of Service Ops and his facilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disability to perform the essential functions.
Exercise of judgment, discretion, and tact in all business matters and relationships is required. Strong interpersonal skills such as; being a self-starter, motivated, creative, flexible, confident, deadline oriented and able to multi-task, as well as the ability to maintain a clear and cooperative working relationship with co-workers, are required.
1. Determines quality improvement parameters by identifying statistical methods relevant to the manufacturing process.
2. Works directly with service personnel to investigate and determine warranty repair status, as well as track warranty trends to proactively identify application misuse, underlying product issues, or technical rebuild problems.
3. Liaison with factory to ensure local processes, procedures and technical training's are meeting global standards.
4. Completes all related documentation to re-bill the factory for warranty repairs and defective parts, associated with all customers.
5. Applies problem solving or statistical techniques to suggest improvements to the service center process flows, procedures and service paperwork.
6. Prepares, manages and completes projects and reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data that may include cost, quality, procedural and improvement objectives; making recommendations to senior management.
7. Establishes statistical reliability by using mean time before failure analysis.
8. Maintains communication with Product Support Managers and customers to resolve technical problems and bring underlying reoccurring issues to the Service Department’s attention.
9. Communicates failure modes and corrective actions with internal and external customers as required.
10. Responsibility for supporting/enforcing corrective and preventive actions in alignment with ISO 9001
11. Perform other duties as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Tasks may require walking, sitting, bending, reaching, mobility and frequent lifting.
This person must also be able to travel by air and drive to customer locations. Accordingly, a valid driving record that is satisfactory to the company must be demonstrated at hire and periodically thereafter.
Strong organizational skills and creative problem solving skills are required. Knowledge of the company product(s) is desired, but not necessary. Requires computer skills (word processing, Microsoft Office Suite, data entry, etc.), attention to detail, accuracy and the ability to multi-task. Strong interpersonal skills and time management skills associated with the duties and responsibilities of this position are an essential requirement in the performance of this job.
Education and Experience
Requires a Bachelors or Masters degree or equivalent experience. Six (6) or more years, or any combination of education and experience, in diagnosis and troubleshooting of complex electromechanical and electronic systems and/or technical customer service on company equipment is required.
Written and verbal communication in English is essential. Reports, email correspondence, and schedules are all typical requirements of this position and must be effectively and professionally communicated. Communication skills include listening and speaking as required for interaction with other employees, vendors and customers.
Good math skills are required.
Must be able to operate in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a disciplined approach to oversee and respond to employer and customer needs. The ability to understand the service & quality requirements and plan the support strategy is essential. Must be able to solve both practical and complex problems and deal with a variety of factors in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Certificates, Licenses and/or Registrations
Valid driver’s license is required as stated previously.
TOOLS AND/OR EQUIPMENT
Must be able to manipulate small and large tools, apparatus’ and equipment. Must be able to lift tools and equipment weighing up to fifty pounds. Secondary tool and equipment duties with added requirement may be assigned from time to time.
This position will work in various environments including, but not limited to, office, manufacturing/production floor and factory settings.
Pfeiffer Vacuum is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
If you are an individual with disabilities who needs accommodation or you are having difficulty using our website to apply for employment, please contact Jill Guilmain at 603-578-6519.