The Software Engineer’s focus is on implementing, developing and maintaining dōTERRA’s digital presence across a variety of websites. This role, in collaboration with other web developers, will work to make dōTERRA’s content accessible and accurate, enable commerce for dōTERRA products, and provide business tools for dōTERRA’s international markets, Wellness Advocates, Wholesale Customers and prospects.
The ideal candidate will be a strong team contributor, will be eager to learn, be relentless in developing their craft as a software professional, will seek other’s experience, and will find great satisfaction in the patient pursuit of excellence. doTERRA is an ambitious and growing international company that will provide challenge and reward for years to come.
- Implements code per requirements
- Ensures code quality by authoring unit tests
- Refactors code as necessary in collaboration with team leaders
- Develops mastery of specific systems or subsystems
- Works with team leadership to provide estimates
- Maintains systems by working defects, and implementing new feature requests
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Collaborates effectively with technical team, web designers, analysts and partners during the development process.
- Assumes accountability for successful development and implementation on assigned projects.
- Ensures technical solutions are properly developed, and reviews all code with team leadership.
- Responsible for ongoing support and maintenance of assigned projects.
- Contributes to team meetings
- Troubleshoot development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
- Develops and maintains documentation as needed.
- Updates job knowledge by researching new technologies and software products; participates in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accepts ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to team.
- Technical Bachelor’s degree (Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, etc.
- 5+ years of Java Development experience.
- 1 year experience with development in the cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Data management (SQL, XML, JSON, Hibernate)
- Web services (REST, SOAP)
- Spring Framework
- Unit testing (jUnit, Jest, TestNG, etc.)
- Experience working in Issue Management Systems (i.e. Jira, Workfront, Trello, and so on)
- Automation testing
- Continuous Integration and Delivery (i.e. Jenkins, GitLab Runners, and so forth)
- Agile methodologies
- SAP Hybris (preferred) or similar ecommerce platform
- Experience with direct sales a plus
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $21.00 - $56.00 per hour
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place