- Students must be 16 by September 2021
- Enrolled in high school in NY State
- Participant in the CareerWise NY Program
- Ability to work 16 hours per week
Our mission is to be Earth’s most customer-centric company. This is what unites Amazonians across teams and geographies as we are all striving to delight our customers and make their lives easier, one innovative product, service, and idea at a time.
This goal continues today, but Amazon’s customers are worldwide now, and have grown to include millions of Consumers, Sellers, Content Creators, and Developers & Enterprises. Each of these groups has different needs, and we always work to meet those needs, innovating new solutions to make things easier, faster, better, and more cost-effective. Come build the future with us.
Come join us to work hard, have fun, and make history!
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
Under the direction of a Software Developer, Junior Coders create, modify, and/or write code. Junior Coders perform a number of duties that focus on coding languages based on client and customer needs. Some of these responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
WHO YOU ARE:
- Maintain software applications or websites using core coding languages and tools.
- Work with other developers to identify the goals, limits, capabilities, performance requirements, and users for a given project.
- Modify existing software to correct errors, adapt it to new hardware, or improve performance.
- Write, design, and edit software.
- Work with others to complete work, hit goals, resolve conflicts, and work effectively as a team.
- Tech Savvy: You feel completely comfortable navigating technology/your computer.
- Organized: You are responsible and possess discipline and determination. You are focused; a planner who likes to achieve and improve.
- Good Communicator: You are comfortable talking with all different kinds of people - all ages (including adults!), interests and walks of life.
- Great Time Manager: You usually thrive during semester-long projects by managing your time well.
- Self-Starter: You enjoy learning on your own; you've frequently found tutorials or videos to help yourself learn how to do something.
- Dependable: You are reliable, responsible, and understand how important it is to be where you need to be, when you need to be there, and prepared for what you need to do.
- Learn & Be Curious Mindset
- Customer Obsessed
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.