In order to support the growth trajectory, Hunter Communications is looking for a Tier 3 Voice Engineer to help maintain the voice network.
The Voice Engineer is responsible for maintaining and overseeing the Metaswitch portfolio and it’s peripherals, updating and maintaining switch translation, and maintaining the overall voice network. They assist in planning hosted installations by studying customer orders, plans, manuals and technical specifications; preparing installation diagram and establishing voice and data networks by assisting in installing telecommunications equipment, switches; establishing connections; programming features; and integrations; following industry standards; coordinating with contractors and customers.
Assists with design and installation of internal and external networks using knowledge of LAN/WAN systems. Tests and evaluates network systems to eliminate problems and make improvements. Assist Sales in engineering and developing customer solutions through Documentation, Quotes, Return on Investments, Pricing and Customer Interactions.
Once you check us out, you will discover we are a small and rapidly growing firm focused on creating a thriving environment for our employees with career growth, training opportunities, a fully paid benefits package, and generous time off.
- Monitor CFS and peripherals for any alarms or issues effecting voice quality or stability.
- Assist tier 1 and 2 technicians in plans for installations by studying design plans, layouts and technical specifications.
- Assist tier 1 and 2 technicians establishing phone system by installing switches, telephone sets and related equipment.
- Oversees the cable runs and pulls, programming’s equipment and following industry standards while coordinating with contractors.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Documents installation by recording specifications and diagrams. Documents all work, including research and resolution related to service requests, in call tracking system.
- Troubleshoots and resolves or escalates problems to the next level in a timely manner while following consistent, standard approaches.
- Maintains safe work environment by following codes, standards and legal regulations.
- Establishes power and communications by connecting equipment to power; connecting communications cables; calibrating equipment.
- Maintains and improves service by completing preventive maintenance requirements.
- Maintains analog lines and installs communication circuits. Knows and understands the workings of a telco backboard.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications. Actively participates in training and personal career development.
- Other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or GED Certificate required.
Five years experience in the field or in a related field.
Previous Key System or PBX installation experience
Strong understanding of Voice over IP fundamentals.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $81,964.00 - $92,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
Work Location: One location