STRABAG Inc., is a subsidiary of STRABAG SE, a European based technology group for construction services. STRABAG Inc., has extensive experience in large scale underground hard and soft ground construction projects. We provide expertise in ground engineering and tunnel excavation with qualified personnel.
STRABAG is actively seeking a Senior Project Controls Engineer for our Canadian division where he/she can utilize their extensive knowledge to contribute to the continued success and growth of the organization. The successful candidate will be stationed at the project site in Greater Toronto Area.
Under the direction of the Project Controls Manager it is the Sr. Project Controls Engineers responsibility to commence all scheduling, costing and budget forecasting tasks projects. Liaison between construction field Managers and Design and Work Preparation Engineers as well as attending progress meetings with the project Team and other parties. Maintain monthly schedule and cost forecast for Management. Understanding the impact and changes triggered from construction execution on schedule and cost forecasting. Work closely with Schedule Engineer on progress and forecast activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Participate in developing, establishing and maintaining the company’s project cost control systems
· Assist the project team in setting up the project, project cost codes, and the project baseline Budget
· Monitor the project performance and ensure that the project controls system is properly implemented
· Train the project team on how to implement and maintain the prescribed change management procedures
· Provide the management team with all the required project controls summary reports and analyses
· Review the project contract and ensure that all the contract conditions (invoicing, reporting and all related issues) are applied and fulfilled when setting up the project within STRABAG’s project controls system
· Participate in setting up and controlling the project structure and related cost structure
· Participate in the coordination between estimating and site to ensure that the project controls system is properly implemented
· Monitor the change management system on site by making sure that the project staff understands the system and how the changes should be managed and tracked on site and within STRABAG’s systems
· Review and analyze the project controls reports (i.e. progress and productivity) with the project team and suggest corrective actions to maintain expected performance and productivity
· Review and analyze the project scheduling and cost reports and suggest corrective actions to maintain the project within planned cost and schedule
· Prepare and update project cash flows as required throughout the project life-cycle.
· Supervise and mentor developing Project & Cost Control Engineers
· Assist the project controls manager in preparing project monthly reports and forecasting.
· Assist the project scheduler and the project team in preparing, reviewing and maintaining the project schedule.
· Promote STRABAG Inc. to all associated with the project by demonstrating professional skill and a high standard of fairness and integrity.
· Performs other related duties as assigned by the line manager
Knowledge and Skills:
· Familiar with local codes and regulations
· Working knowledge of Primavera 6, TIOLS, MS Power B
· Good knowledge of cost engineering/cost control
· Proficiency with Microsoft office and Word
· Strong organizational skills to handle multiple tasks within a fast-paced work site environment
· Ability to work effectively with all levels of management and employees
· Willingness for continuous learning and advancement of technical knowledge
· Effective analytical and problem-solving skills
· Ability to read schedules and scheduling cures/reports
· Bachelors degree in Civil Engineering
· 10+ years working in construction field
· Adaptable to flexible work schedule when required to meet deadlines
· Valid G class Ontario drivers license
STRABAG Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. You will work in a motivated team and quickly gain a foothold through a well-structured induction period. Individual support possibilities in our own academy as well as modern and innovative development tools are waiting for you. We look forward to receiving your online application (cover letter, curriculum vitae, certificates)! Please indicate your earliest possible starting date.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care