Are you looking for an exciting IT job using the latest technologies that also provides excellent perks?
Become a valuable team member of the Palmer College applications team and work alongside a very talented team with diverse skill sets. This is the perfect position for a candidate that wants to grow professionally while working in a great environment at an organization that has been a leader in its field for almost 125 years.
The Software Application Developer participates in the complete SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle), performing all activities related to the design, development, implementation and deployment of mission-critical organizational information systems and software applications, including scoping, research, design, development, testing, and implementation; maintains, supports, and upgrades existing systems and applications; and applies best practices as well as proven communication and problem-solving skills to guide the process.
Palmer College of Chiropractic provides a generous array of benefits for full time employees, including but not limited to:
Paid Time Off annually – 10 vacation days; 12 sick days; 16 holidays
Health Benefits – Health, vision, dental insurance, Flex spending, Health Savings Account
403(b) Retirement – 6% of salary employer contribution after 1 year of employment, with immediate vesting and optional employee contribution
Free Chiropractic care for employees & their dependents
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
On-site recreation facility & personal training
The Software Application Developer reports to the Director of Applications and has a support responsibility to all other departments and college personnel as necessary.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Strategy & Planning
- Ensure that development projects meet business requirements and goals, fulfill end-user requirements, and identify and resolve systems issues.
- Review and analyze existing application effectiveness and efficiency, and then act on strategies provided by the IT Leadership for improving or leveraging these systems.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Manage the development and deployment of new applications, systems software, and/or enhancements to existing applications throughout the enterprise.
- Research and make recommendations on software products and services in support of procurement and development efforts in line with current projects and strategic goals.
- Coordinate feasibility studies for software and system products under consideration for purchase, and give advice based on findings.
- Ensure that any new software integration into company systems meets functional requirements, system compliance, and interface specifications.
- Collaborate with analysts, designers, developers, and system owners in new software programs and applications testing.
- Manage and provide direction for the applications team in support of business operations.
- Identify and resolve program errors.
- Provide technical leadership to project managers, analysts and developers working on development project teams.
- Design, develop, and install enhancements and upgrades to systems and application software.
- Liaise with the infrastructure team , and application team members to assist with quality assurance, program logic, and data processing.
- Cultivate, disseminate, and enforce functional policies, procedures, and quality assurance best practices.
- Track application changes, using change management tools and processes, including source code control, versioning, branching, defect tracking and release management;
- Where necessary, prepare, establish, and monitor budgets.
- Administer Microsoft 365 as it relates to SharePoint.
- Assist with development and administration of Salesforce.
- Provide technical direction and support for the enterprise database infrastructure.
- Design, implement, maintain and perform periodic re-evaluation of enterprise database infrastructure and applications management policies, standards and procedures.
- Develop and manage internal procedures including but not limited to code reuse, source libraries, check-out process, turn-over procedures, documentation standards, scope documents and design procedures.
- Perform problem analysis and troubleshooting of the enterprise database infrastructure and help with problem-solving efforts often involving other technical staff, multiple outside vendors, other departments and/or organizations.
- Develop training materials and conduct training sessions of the IT staff and/or departmental customers.
- Create security groups, assigns access, and administers changes for users.
- Perform all responsibilities in a manner that fully complies with Palmer’s Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action policy.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Business, Information Systems or related field.
- Experience with Web development for Content Management Systems (Kentico, Ektron, Drupal, Word Press).
- Experience with Salesforce is preferable.
- A combination of 5 additional years of significant, related experience and training may be considered in lieu of degree.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Results oriented person who will put in the extra effort to meet deliverable time lines;
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed and willing to take ownership of products;
- Keen attention to detail;
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities;
- Very strong customer service orientation;
- Passion to use technology to automate the business process;
- Extensively, frequently and competently use computers, related application software programs, other necessary IT equipment and general office equipment, using the computer screen to read pertinent information on the screen while also adjusting to distance and depth perception;
- Communicate effectively with non-technical staff and with members of interdisciplinary teams;
- Present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language;
- Be flexible and adaptable regarding learning and understanding new technologies;
- Attain and retain knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws;
- Conduct research into emerging Internet technologies and programming languages;
- Effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment;
- Perform multiple assigned duties with time pressures and frequent interruptions;
- Work independently and autonomously and concentrate for extended periods of time; and
- Work various hours, including weekends and evenings as job requires.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Perform sedentary to light work in a ventilated, lighted, and temperature-controlled office setting.
- Frequent need to stand, stoop, walk, sit, lift light objects (up to 10 pounds) and perform other similar actions during the workday.
- Repetitive movement of hands and fingers, typing and/or writing.
Principles only. Recruiters please do not contact this job poster.
Do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers.
Job Type: Full-time
- Programming: 1 year (Preferred)
- Software Development: 3 years (Required)
- Salesforce: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
Visa Sponsorship Potentially Available:
- No: Not providing sponsorship for this job
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply