BioDot, an ATS Automation Company, is uniquely focused on the specialized requirements of Rapid Test / BioSensor / BioChip and Clinical Laboratory development and manufacturing environments. BioDot has several standard product lines and custom automated systems to meet the needs of these markets. BioDot is currently experiencing growth and we currently have the immediate need for Field Service Engineers to work out of our Irvine, California headquarters, and New England. Engineers will be trained at Irvine, and work with a collaborative team to resolve instrumentation issues and support BioDot’s customer database.
- Assist with mechanical and electrical inspection and troubleshooting of instrumentation.
- Computer/software configuration and integration with auxiliaries, inspection cameras, etc.
- Repair, service and perform preventative maintenance on BioDot instruments.
- Customer interaction specifically to train instrument operation and maintenance.
- Field service travel for installation, preventative maintenance and service of instruments at customer locations.
- Respond to online technical support inquires, including direct interaction with customers by email and phone.
- Follow protocols to measure system performance such as accuracy or precision of motion, dispensing, cutting, and/or lamination.
- Work as part of a cross-functional global support team which includes daily interaction with design engineers, mechanical and electrical engineerings, production personnel and sales team members.
Please review our website to review our product lines: http://www.biodot.com
Education and/or Experience
Position requires a technical certification or military experience. An advantage will be a higher GPA bachelor’s degree in Mechanical (ME), Electrical Engineering (EE), or Biotechnology (BS). Candidates must be able to work independently and as a team member. Minimum of Two to five years of experience with analytical instrumentation, laboratory automation, liquid handling systems, micro fluidics, electronics, mechanical engineering or computers is highly desirable. Schematic interpretation, and troubleshooting skills are a plus. Software integration and inspection camera integration are favorable. Excellent customer interaction skills, verbal and written communication, PC skills (Office, Google Docs, database usage, help desk software), and organizational abilities are required. Ability to work independently in a remote setting, without supervision is required. Up to 50% national travel may be required. Compensation will be competitive and includes salary, and benefits.'
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 - $80,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: On the road