Do you like working with people to solve problems? Are you driven by the opportunity to grow a sales base by double or even triple the current reach? What if you got an opportunity to design solutions for your customers while also choosing the materials/equipment used, running the installation, AND overseeing the start-up & commissioning?
At QuesTec, we are looking for a hands-on, engineering-minded individual who thrives in collaboration with team members and customers to develop solutions. Someone, not only with the credentials, but with a desire to build systems that function with next-level quality. This role reports directly to the General Manager and partners with the Service Manager to understand and manage staffing needs for all projects sold.
Primary Job Functions
- Identify prospective clients in assigned market and promptly follow up on leads and referrals. Establish customer rapport and identify needs. Maintain an active backlog of quotes to assure booking goal is consistently met.
- Survey mechanical systems to determine repair, modification and/or replacement requirements to provide prospects with solutions to problems. Interpret drawings, equipment, and job conditions.
- Estimate cost of proposed repair/modification/replacement and apply company pricing standards to the estimate.
- Prepare complete, clear, and concise reports, proposals, booking packages and required company paperwork in a timely fashion. Maintain written supportive information relative to delays, changes, special conditions, schedules, etc.
- Promptly addresses customer concerns to assure resolution of problems and maintain long-term positive relationships.
- Redeem annual booking plan in assigned markets/territory with company approved pricing standards. Aggressively manages quotes to close sales.
- Build and maintain rapport and positive working relations with technicians, office admin, and management personnel to resolve problems, exploit opportunities, and maximize profits.
- Build rapport and productive working relationships with customers, vendors, and other outside agents
- . Eﬀectively represent the company’s interests to outside agents to maximize profits. Participates, when appropriate, with operations in vendor selection, timely purchase and delivery to assure prompt installation.
Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Requirements:
- Competent understanding of mechanical systems. Able to identify problems and propose cost eﬀective solutions.
- High school degree required, 2 or 4 year degree strongly preferred
- Computer proficiency
- Demonstrated achievement and success in selling HVAC modification/repair/replacement services
- Demonstrated success in appraising and surveying mechanical systems and estimating cost of proposed repair/modification/replacement service
- Must be self-disciplined and results driven
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Have a solutions mindset as demonstrated by creative approaches to technical problems
- Leadership skills and potential
- Internally motivated and competitive
At QuesTec, we strive to provide opportunities for our people to grow. This is a core value of our company and has propelled us into exciting places of progress. By focusing on our people and their careers as well as new technology, we have grown a prosperous culture that we are proud of.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 - $80,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Can you survey mechanical systems in order to determine modification, repair, or replacement solutions?
- Mechanical Systems: 3 years (Required)
- Sales: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)
Work Location: Multiple Locations