Position will oversee the maintenance and engineering department at your assigned location, including staff and daily operations, ensuring a safe and satisfying hotel experience for each and every one of our guests.
As a Hotel Chief Engineer, the person will be responsible for all engineering and maintenance operations, including maintaining the building, grounds, and physical plant with particular attention towards safety, security, and asset protection. You will be accountable for management of the budget, capital expenditure projects, preventative maintenance, and energy conservation. It will also be up to you to maintain regulatory requirements and to lead the emergency response team for all facility issues.
Specific duties in this role will include:
· Supervising the Engineering department
· Manage and maintain mechanical and electrical equipment including, refrigeration, HVAC, plumbing, water treatment, and life safety systems
· Maintaining and operating all equipment at optimum effectiveness, efficiency and safety
· Ensuring compliance with, and fair administration of all Engineering department policies, standards and procedures
· Managing department's controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
· Maintaining accurate logs and records as required
· Handling guest problems and complaints effectively and in a timely manner
· Ensuring that employees are treated fairly and equitably
· Helping to ensure regulatory compliance to facility regulations and safety standards
· Ensuring that disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer Review Process
Will be required to work on-call, some nights, weekends and holidays and work in a fast paced changing environment.
We offer Competitive Pay and Benefits Package, including 401k with employer match, medical, dental, vision, Paid Time Off and more!
The Fairfield Inn & Suites Chincoteague is managed by Hospitality Partners, an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 - $21.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Night shift
- On call
All associates and guests are required to wear a mask while on property. Consistent cleaning and sanitization of common and employee areas.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Supervising Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- Maintenance: 5 years (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
- HVAC, Electric, Plumbing Certification (Preferred)
Visa Sponsorship Potentially Available:
- No: Not providing sponsorship for this job
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place