TOP Vegetable Oils (TVO) is a privately owned vegetable oil refinery that is in the process to build a new manufacturing facility in the New Orleans area. TVO will supply the food, margarine, frying, and specialty products manufacturing industry with high-quality, sustainable oils and fats. TVO will become a key player in the commodities and specialties segment in United States. We are looking for degreed engineer professionals with experience in facility constructions and start up.
The Civil Field Engineer will oversee the construction of the site. The Civil Field Engineer is familiar with engineering blueprints and designs and has executed them with a General Contractor within time and budget.
This position will be responsible for (1) Documenting, revising, approving, and controlling the end to end of the design and construction process to ensure we meet schedule and budget; (2) providing construction support and supervise the installation, testing, and quality control for the Civil and Structural construction; (3) analysis, reporting and ensuring timely alignment and communication and flow of information with internal and external stakeholders; and (4) building and maintaining project budgets and monitor delivery schedules and completed within time and budget. This role will coordinate and execute closely with other Site Engineers. Incumbents could become candidates for the post-construction and operational roles, as applicable. These positions are required to be on-site during the time of the project, and they report directly to the Project Manager. This position is based in New Orleans, LA.
- BS in Civil Engineering or mechanical engineering with 10+ years of proven experience.
- Strong experience with fabrication and installation of chemical processing equipment and plants.
- Strong project management skills, including organization and planning skills. Experience with Microsoft Project is required.
- Knowledge of chemical plant process equipment includes reactors, heat exchangers, centrifuges, piping, pumps, pumping systems, boilers, cooling systems, wastewater treatment, and technical drawing interpretations.
- Strong knowledge of basic engineering principles and regulatory compliance.
- Good interpersonal skills across diverse direct work interfaces inclusive of general contractors, engineers, local authorities, and Management personnel.
- Valid US Passport or US Residency. Valid driver's license.
- Computer literate and comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office applications. Good knowledge of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint is required.
- Strong knowledge and skills of CAD, 3D design tools.
- Excellent English verbal and written skills are required. Spanish language is a plus.
- Ability to travel [10-20%].
- Demonstrated ability and experience working in a dynamic environment and under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional teams to achieve project results within required timeframes
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: From $100,000.00 per year
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Westwego, LA 70094: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Construction: 10 years (Preferred)
Willingness to travel: