The Test Engineer is responsible for defining, implementing, and supporting test processes for Production on a variety of products including Servers, switches, and configured complete racks. Develop test scripts and test plans for functional & system-level coverage. This will entail managing several test projects simultaneously.
Test Engineer will be expected to drive test process efficiency improvements reducing Time-to-Fail and overall test time while maintaining the integrity of test and quality of product shipped.
Support New Product Project Management team on the introduction of New Products into Fremont facility. Work closely with the corporate R&D, Test Development and Manufacturing teams to analyze test data, troubleshoot, and identify product defects, verify fixes, and document test results. Review product specifications and documentation and develop a comprehensive test strategy to provide necessary coverage. Communicate product readiness, level of quality, and results to the project team.
Engineering Failure Analysis on product issues identified in the field.
Development of Test software, download process, and maintenance of Test Servers and Network in conjunction with IT group.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for test plan development and execution, results analysis, root cause identification, and reporting.
- Develops automated Test processes to enhance and ensure the reliability and quality of new and existing products.
- Manages NPI readiness from Test Engineering. Develop NPI Project Plan and drives to milestones and Critical Path.
- Analyzes failure reports and makes recommendations to improve product reliability and quality, and quality assurance processes, practices, and procedures.
- Works independently and within engineering practices to maintain, modify, and enhance existing quality methods & processes
- Recognize problems that need further investigation, seek assistance when needed, demonstrates initiative and self-motivation.
- Independently determines and develops approach to solutions, under only very general direction.
- Ensure common test toolset is developed for use in manufacturing and service.
- Provides leadership for all tests and diagnostics used in product engineering, manufacturing, returned material repair, and supplier quality.
- Minimum of 1-2 years experience as a Test Engineer or Application Based Software Development in Computer Industry
- Experience with network technologies and protocols, Switches, routers, etc
- Experience in writing Linux and Python scripts to test computer hardware and verify hardware configurations
- Experience with Intel X86 architecture, networking, and debug tools.
- Experience, and a solid understanding of the hardware product development lifecycle, software development methodologies, change management, release management, configuration management
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- PXE boot process, Automated Test Network, OS Download, CTO system experience desired
- Excellent Linux scripting skills. Python or Java would be a plus.
- Proven knowledge and demonstrated application of engineering concepts and skills required.
- Proven understanding of software systems, application-based software development and the process required in producing product deliverables required.
- Experience in testing methodologies and theories, test plan development, test case design, test execution practices, optimization of test coverage versus costs, data collection and root cause analysis techniques, and reporting practices required
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills
- Strong set of problem-solving and analytical skills;
- Ability to multi-task across problem domains and various contexts
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $61,843.00 - $72,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Selenium: 1 year (Preferred)
- Python: 1 year (Preferred)
- Computer hardware: 1 year (Preferred)
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place