Founded in 1890, The D.S. Brown Company is a world-wide leader and supplier of engineered products to the bridge and highway industry. Headquartered in North Baltimore, Ohio the Company actively sells to bridge and pavement contractors, specialty subcontractors, and construction product distributors. The D.S. Brown Company is currently seeking applicants for a Manufacturing Safety Engineer to help fill an opening within our operations team.
A successful candidate for this position will have experience performing a variety of engineering and manufacturing facility assignments to ensure compliance with environmental, health and safety issues as well as utilization of production facilities and personnel in departments or other subdivisions of an industrial establishment. Position will be responsible for planning equipment layout, workflow, and accident prevention measures to maintain efficient and safe utilization of plants facilities. Oversees maintenance/facility department workflow.
- Recommends methods for improving worker efficiency and reducing waste of materials and utilities, such as restructuring job duties, reorganizing work flow, relocating workstations and equipment, and purchase of equipment.
- Analyzes work force utilization, facility layout, and operational data, such as production costs, process flowcharts, and production schedules, to determine efficient utilization of workers and equipment.
- Plans utilization of facilities, equipment, materials, and personnel to maximize efficiency of operations.
- Studies product or service and its requirements, using mathematical methods such as 80/20, to meet those requirements and design manufacturing and information systems.
- Overseeing maintenance/facility department
- Conducts or directs research studies to identify hazards and evaluate loss producing potential of given system, operation, or process.
- Identifies and appraises conditions that could produce accidents and financial losses and evaluates potential extent of injuries resulting from accidents.
- Compiles, analyzes, and interprets statistical data related to exposure factors concerning occupational illnesses and accidents and prepares reports for information of personnel concerned.
- Assures compliance with environmental filing requirements per state and federal regulations.
- Confers with management and engineering staff to implement plans and recommendations.
- Maintains records on lost time accidents and prepares appropriate reports.
- Maintains liaison along with HRM with outside organizations, such as fire departments, safety council, mutual aid societies, and rescue teams to assure information exchange and mutual assistance.
- Evaluates technical and scientific publications along with HRM concerned with safety management and participates in activities of related professional organizations to update knowledge of safety program developments.
- Studies sequence of operations to be performed and flow of business and materials. Establishes work measurement programs and analyzes work samples to develop standards for labor utilization.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial/Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of five- ten years of related experience preferably in manufacturing.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from internal teams.
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
D.S. Brown offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes medical, dental, vision, short & long term disability plans, flex spending & health savings accounts, 11 company holidays, PTO (Paid Time Off), 401k with excellent company match, wellness programs, education assistance, uniforms allowances, boot reimbursement programs, and much more.
D.S. Brown provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or genetics.
Job Type: Full-time
- Maintenance Engineering: 5 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off