Cernostics, Inc is seeking a Scientist at our laboratory in Pittsburgh, PA. The purpose of the Scientist position is to assist with clinical and research duties related to tissue-based cancer diagnostic testing. The successful candidate will perform multiplexed immunofluorescence slide labeling, digital slide imaging and image analysis, cell culture, and data management for both research and clinical testing, as well as work with clinical collaborators on validation studies, supervise technical staff and perform other clinical and research duties as assigned. The position requires close collaboration with a multidisciplinary group of scientists and engineers. The responsibility of this position is managing specialized work efficiently, with confidence, competence and discipline. The position requires above average attention to details, concern for the exact correctness of work, and strong commitment to tasks completed on time. A somewhat faster-than-average pace will be the norm for this position. Detailed, specialized work is the major focus. Recent PhD-graduates and experienced candidates are welcome to apply for this laboratory-based position. The candidate of choice will be hired into the level that is commensurate with their educational background and experience.
The successful candidate will manage specialized work efficiently, with confidence, competence and discipline. The position requires above average attention to details, concern for the exact correctness of work, and strong commitment to tasks completed on time.
- Conduct tests on patient samples using Cernostics proprietary tools and established protocols, including preparation of laboratory reagents, immunofluorescence labeling of tissue slides, digital slide imaging and image analysis
- Cell culture
- Management of digital imaging and analysis data and patient metadata
- Design and execute studies to validate multiplexed fluorescence assays, including image analysis elements
- Conduct routine analytic performance studies to support clinical laboratory operations
- Supervise the work of technical staff
- Other laboratory duties as assigned
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
Ph.D. in the Life Sciences
Outstanding written and oral communication and organizational skills
Meticulous attention to detail
Strong ability to work in a technical, team-oriented, standard operating procedure-driven environment
Specific experience with immunolabeling, fluorescence microscopy, cell culture and image analysis