Title: Application Engineer
Salary: $65K - $80K (DOE)
General Duties & Responsibilities
1. Support our Battle Creek MI Branch, working independently and with sales teams, to find solutions for customer needs.
2. Understand our “Value Add / Solution Selling” service platform, with relation to the Automotive Industry, specifically on the electrical controls side. Additionally, Material Handling and Packaging Industries a plus.
3. Technical Support Requirements:
a. Provide “Value Add / Solution Selling” support to top National Accounts. – Project & Omron Product Sales Based
b. Specialize in Controls, with strong skill in Machine Learning, Traceability, and Safety Products preferred.
c. Omron product knowledge preferred.
d. 5 Year Min Field Experience with Solution Selling preferred.
e. Work with our Staff on technical support issues for the following areas<but not limited to>: (PLC, Vision, Motion, HMI, and/or other electrical products and applications of manufacturers that we supports).
f. Must pass the training courses that manufacturers/suppliers require for Application Engineer.
g. Continuous growth in knowledge, of new technology, for our internal purposes and customers, to generate additional value and differentiation from competitors.
4. System Integration:
a. Manage projects.
b. Coordinate and work with integrators/partners for system installations.
c. Provide detailed and accurate on-site confirmation of spec and scope of work.
5. Travel Requirements:
a. Be able to travel for MI and IN territory. Extended overnight travel, on occasion, as required by project installation or visitation schedules.
Sales Perspective Duties & Responsibilities
1. Collaborative Activity with Manufacturers/Suppliers:
a. Execute sales activities that management strategically plans for target manufactures/suppliers. These activities are sales target oriented and are tracked by Management.
b. Communicate with manufacturers/suppliers to grow business in a professional manner.
c. Establish a practical relationship with manufacturers/suppliers.
d. Gather and feedback market needs to manufacturers/suppliers.
e. Conduct lunch & learn, as a technician, in coordination with, OS or other AE’s.
2. Sales Supports with Technical Knowledge:
a. Demonstrate key products/applications to customers.
b. Execute initial test and create a report to customers. (Feasibility Study)
c. Manage opportunities with Sales Dept.
d. Joint visitation to customers with Sales.
Engineering Perspective Duties & Responsibilities
1. Technical Support:
a. Provide technical support for all project related activities (i.e. Controls, Machine Learning, Traceability, and Safety Products).
b. Provide technical support for our Battle Creek staff.
2. Training for Customers <but not limited to>:
a. PLC Training.
b. HMI Training.
c. Vision Training.
d. Safety Training.
e. Motion Training.
a. PLC design & programming.
b. Electrical Drawings to support target systems (i.e. Controls, Vision, Safety, etc.).
4. System Integration:
a. Manage quality checks, personally or with other BC AE’s, for local Battle Creek Branch installed systems.
1. More than 5 years of experience in Industrial Automation.
2. Experience with Solution Selling.
5. Experience with Traceability preferred