At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology - and each other to surpass these boundaries - we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
We value diversity, equity and inclusion. We value the power of an inclusive culture and a strong sense of belonging. We seek to infuse diversity and inclusion in everything we do while promoting a culture where differences are embraced as strengths; opportunities are equal and accessible; consideration and respect are the norm; and all team members are supported in reaching their full potential. Through our talent, we believe that diversity and inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant place to work. People are at the center, and we are committed to a sustainable environment and workplace where talent can learn, grow, and thrive. To learn more about Pearson’s commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce please click here The Power of Difference at https://www.pearson.com/careers/diversity-and-inclusion.html
The NorthAmerican Higher Education Training and Development team is currently seeking a Multimedia/eLearning Developer to support our training and development program. The NA Sales and Services Training & Development team partners with leadership across NA to design, build and deliver all types of training and development experiences - from interactive instructor-led to self-paced modules and courses to bite-sized micro-learning to long-term hybrid programs. Our goal is to accelerate speed to performance for people new to their roles, hone job skills, improve talent retention and grow Pearson leadership.
Needs analysis and design of aligned expected outcomes, learning objectives and measurement vehicle to evaluate impact.
Conceptualize, synthesize and take ownership of short-term, just-in-time projects with quick turn-around times.
Consult on development decisions re: training delivery platform for given projects.
Design, develop (create storyboards) and implement (build in authoring tools) eLearning of all types (micro-learning, modules, courses, programs).
Conceptualize and create media assets for eLearning like infographics, edited videos, animations, various assessment types.
Develop measurement and program evaluation vehicles aligned with expected program and learner outcomes following Kirkpatrick Evaluation Method.
Support Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) initiatives
#LI-POST Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Qualifications Essential Experience/Background
● A Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and successful work experience.
● A minimum of 2 years of learning design and media-rich eLearning course development in a corporate environment.
● Familiarity with adult learning principles and Bloom’s Taxonomy
● Demonstrated proficiency with programs like Captivate, Acticulate 360 or other authoring tools, Microsoft Office Suite, learning management systems, and various design. Gamification a plus.
● Determination and desire to achieve results
● Open to constructive feedback to provide high quality learning experiences within agreed upon timelines.
● Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively and build trust with colleagues and stakeholders for the benefit of our internal customers.
● Strong written, oral and presentational communication skills
● Detail orientation, strong organization skills and high level of accuracy important.
● Change agility: able to adapt quickly and pivot depending on customer needs.
● Learning agility: aptitude for learning new technologies and skills. ● Initiative-taking; self-directed
The anticipated starting salary range for Colorado-based individuals expressing interest in this position is $65-70K. This position is eligible to participate in an annual incentive program.
Benefits available to eligible employees can be seen at: https://pearsonbenefitsus.com/
Primary Location : US-RE-Remote
Work Locations :
Job : Professional Development
Organization : North America
Employee Status : Regular Employee
Job Type : Standard
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Shift : Day Job
Job Posting : Jul 16, 2021
Job Unposting : Ongoing
Schedule: : Full-time Regular
Req ID: 2110129