Packaging Machinery Concepts Ltd.
Location: Mississauga, ON
This is an attractive opportunity for an experienced Service Technician / Millwright who is ready to be a key part of an essential service provider and the future growth of this rapidly emerging developer of packaging equipment solutions in the food services industry. This is not a temporary opportunity that is available only during the recent market upheaval but a position that has been planned for months.
Why Work With Us?
- Opportunity to learn directly from the founder of the company and utilize a broad variety of your creative skill sets.
- Intellectually challenging – continuously learning on the job
- We provide a service vehicle for use on the job.
- Subsidized education program
Packaging Machinery Concepts Ltd. (PMC) has 20 years’ experience serving its clients’ packaging automation requirements with a mix of brand name packaging equipment and custom designed and manufactured solutions. Clients love our attention to detail, our high level of customer service and our commitment to ensuring the success of each and every project.
- The Service Technician / Millwright is responsible for troubleshooting, repairs, overhaul and modifications of packaging equipment and in all aspects of the design and construction of custom, one of a kind automated equipment.
- Machine troubleshooting including the ability to locate root cause
- Thorough knowledge of electrical controls
- Ability to interpret information from complex machine manuals
- Working knowledge of PLC’s, variable frequency and servo drives
- Personal initiative for continuous improvement
- Collaborate with other team members to prepare and submit quotations which meet acceptable margin requirements to prospective clients
- Build and maintain a high level of trust with clients by dealing with their issues in a prompt and transparent manner and ensuring repeat business
- Assist with custom machine build design:
o Machine design and troubleshooting
o Complete electrical and mechanical assembly
o Welding and machining
o Fluency with PLC and HMI programming
o Servo and AC frequency drive configuration
Skills / Qualifications:
- Solid Millwright experience (Red Seal Millwright Certification is a plus)
- 3-5 years successful technical experience
- MIG and TIG welding experience
- Working knowledge of CAD software would be beneficial
- Fluency with Allen Bradley PLC, HMI and servo programming
- Excellent mechanical and electrical skills, as well as machine assembly and fabrication.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to establish and maintain relationships
- Excellent communication skills as demonstrated by the ability to write reports, and business correspondence
- Excellent organizational skills
- Tendency towards perfectionism in project execution
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions provided in written, oral, diagram or schedule formats
Please note that accommodation for job applicants with disabilities is available during the assessment process upon request.
We thank all who apply, however only those most closely matching these requirements will be contacted for an interview. Please do not contact the company directly.
Job Type: Full-time
- Allen Bradley PLC programming: 1 year (Preferred)
- MIG and TIG welding: 1 year (Preferred)
- Millwright: 3 years (Required)
- Drivers License G (Required)
- Red Seal Millwright Certification (Preferred)