Associate Project Engineer
Roswell, New Mexico
Within our 600-person Roswell manufacturing facility, we are seeking an Associate Project Engineer to join our passionate team to continue moving our organization to even larger levels! You will report to the Plant Site Technical Manager and will lead capital projects from conception to completion including development, design, purchase, construction and start-up as required to satisfy budgetary limits, production needs and governmental requirements.
- Directly manage the plant Utilities Supervisor, Utilities Specialist, and power technicians, and indirectly other plant engineering resources for the operation.
- Coordinate assigned capital projects by ensuring timely completion within the projected budget.
- Strive to increase productivity and profitability by providing technical expertise to our plant production and maintenance teams.
- Become one of our subject matter engineering experts and help us to upgrade and modify processes and equipment that will improve production and lend itself to ease of maintenance.
- Direct contractors in project construction, equipment installation and startup.
- Inspect and approve work done to ensure quality, labor hour efficiency, compliance and contractor productivity.
- Ensure that all project designs and installations are in compliance with governmental regulatory specifications (O.S.H.A., F.D.A., building codes, etc.)
- Set up project controls to track project costs, ensure schedule compliance and report on total project status.
- Perform equipment design and selection, as well as handle equipment installation with the vital construction management to successfully complete projects.
- Integrate Leprino Quality into all aspects of the project engineer function.
- Pursue required research and engineering to support plant and corporate initiatives
- Be humble, inquisitive, patient, collaborative, innovative, results-oriented, and resilient - the DNA of a Leprino employee.
You Have At Least (Required Qualifications):
- A Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, chemical engineering, electrical engineering, or related field, or similar work experience
- Dynamic experience in equipment reliability and/or plant maintenance, additional education may substitute experience where applicable.
We Hope You Also Have (Preferred Qualifications):
- Dairy/Cheese manufacturing experience.
- Previous Engineering experience in a manufacturing environment.
Offering You In Return:
- A competitive total compensation package including annual performance bonus eligibility and relocation (if applicable)!
- 401(k) along with enrollment in an annual Profit-Sharing plan opportunity – we hire to retire!
- Eligible for tuition reimbursement, award recognition, merit, and competitive health/dental/vision benefits.
- A chance to reside in sunny Roswell, New Mexico: surrounded by wondrous national parks, outdoor wonders, and located a mere 90 miles from the popular Ski Apache winter and summer resort.
A chance to be part of a global team of individuals passionate about producing and delivering high-quality products that help feed and nourish families around the world. Leprino Foods could not be where it is today without our incredible employees. That is why we share in our success together by rewarding you for your hard work. Hiring great people who are in it for the long run is our goal. Through competitive salaries and bonuses, life, medical/dental/vision coverage, voluntary benefits, employee assistance programs, wellness incentives, tuition assistance, vacation, nine paid holidays, sick time, paid parental leave, annual merit increases, as well as the LFC Profit-Sharing & 401(k) plan. Your impact will be noticed and rewarded, as you seek to further our company, our customers, and one another.
Leprino Foods celebrates and supports diversity. We believe in equal opportunity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability. We know we are better together and are committed to creating an inclusive and supportive culture that leverages the unique talents, experiences, background, and perspectives of each individual employee.
Leprino Foods’ history dates back over 65 years, when Jim Leprino first started making small batches of mozzarella for local markets and eateries in the Little Italy neighborhood of Denver. We’ve grown a bit since then. Today, Leprino is the world’s largest manufacturer of mozzarella and lactose, and a leading producer of whey protein. Still owned by Jim and the Leprino family, our sights are set to be the “World’s Best Dairy Food and Ingredient Company.” To help us achieve that bold vision, we’re looking for our secret ingredient: You. A motivated team member who is the best at what you do. Three people in a small corner grocery store in the early 1950s have now grown to almost 5,000 employees throughout 16 global locations. Will you join us on our journey?
The “Apply Now” option through Indeed is not considered an official application with Leprino Foods. If you would like to formally apply for this open position, please visit careers.leprinofoods.com.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $1.00 - $2.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Work Location: One location