Durham, NC, US, 27712
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
As a leading developer, manufacturer, and global supplier of scientific laboratory products for 100 years, Corning’s Life Sciences segment collaborates with researchers seeking new approaches to increase efficiencies, reduce costs and compress timelines in the drug discovery process. Using unique expertise in the fields of materials science, surface science, optics, biochemistry and biology, the segment provides innovative solutions that improve productivity and enable breakthrough discoveries.
Responsible for the safe and efficient manufacture of fluid handling and cell culture products. Successfully achieve plant standards for safety, quality, production and continuous
Description of Work:
- Operate all packout equipment in department, rotating operation duties in accordance with shift schedule.
monitoring output quality and quantity and making necessary basic machine adjustments such as minor jams in packout.
- Perform daily housekeeping, waste removal, and end-of-lot line clearance duties.
- Perform routine monitoring and inspection activities per product specifications.
- Complete production records/forms/move tickets, recording relevant data onto forms or via electronic data entry. Ensure accuracy and good documentation practices per company and cGMP standards.
- Use PeopleSoft, ETQ (Quality Systems) and Apriso software/database.
- Stage raw materials, in-process product, and finished product per procedure.
- Work with cleaning equipment and chemicals following all safety precautions (i.e. appropriate PPE).
- Relieve other Production Associates during their absence or break periods, and for rotation of duties as required.
- Assemble, package, label, palletize and stage product per specifications & procedures.
- Complete electronic inventory transactions, per computer access and training.
- Perform routine testing and inspection functions for each lot.
- Track packed volumes and provide data to shift report as required.
Disagreeable working conditions. Exposure to industrial machinery, moving parts, electrical and other energy sources. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) required including but not limited to lab coats, hair/beard covers, gloves, ear protection, eye protection and head coverings. Exposure to fumes and chemicals such as cleaners, inks, and solvents. Exposure to high frequency noise. Frequently lifts and/or moves up to 25 pounds and up to 65 pounds occasionally.
- High school diploma or GED required.
6 – 12 months experience within a manufacturing environment.
12 hours, 7am – 7pm
12 hours, 7pm – 7am
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Nearest Major Market:
Nearest Secondary Market: