Scope: The Product Development Engineer is a key person in Amarillo Gear Company's engineering department who carries out product development initiatives set by management. This position has responsibilities in all parts of the design, prototype, and production release cycle.
Special Skills: Excellent technical skills and ability to thoroughly and accurately represent design work through technical writing and project presentations/ design reviews. Ability to effectively collaborate with other members of the engineering department to execute project goals.
- Assist with project scope definition.
- Design execution through proof of concept testing. 3D modeling, and analysis.
- Design evaluation through analysis of component stress levels, fatigue analysis, bearing ratings, thermal rating, verification with established industry standards, as well as costing analysis.
- Design validation through prototype testing, both in house and in the field.
- Provide input on production drawing and specification generation and checking.
- Coordination of hand-off to production for final release and continual support as needed.
To apply, submit resume and cover letter.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $65,000.00 - $75,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location