Sr Product Marketing Engineer
This position is based in Novi, Michigan
Brooks Utility Products has over 140 years of product knowledge and innovation to create and manufacture meter related products for the utilities industry. We are seeking a full time Sr Product Marketing Engineer with an electrical engineering, sales engineering, or technical business background to support our product, sales and marketing goals.
The Sr Product Marketing Engineer will apply commercial and technical product expertise to support the entire sales process. Additionally, the Product Marketing Engineer will monitor competitive activity, identify market requirements and communicate product development ideas and recommendations to the company.
- Works closely with customers, customer service, engineering and the field sales organization throughout North America to provide product information and technical support throughout the sales process.
- Independently develop basic technical design and commercial proposals for new product development
- Interpret customer product application needs to define product features and use cases for the engineering department to design.
- Provide product application expertise to internal and external clients
- Maintains contact with key customers to keep abreast of product needs and opportunities for new product development.
- Provides new product development guidance to Engineering dept
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's in Engineering required, BS Electrical Engineering preferred
- 5-10 Years of prior work experience in product marketing engineering required.
- The ideal candidate will have substantial electrical metering and/or electrical distribution knowledge and experience.
- Manufacturing experience strongly desired
- Technical aptitude – Understanding of electricity and other technical concepts is required. An understanding of power systems or electric metering is required.
- Strong interpersonal communications skills - effective written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking experience.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office applications for word processing, spreadsheets and presentations.
Salary & Benefits:
· Salary $75-85,000 base plus incentive plan, DOE
Generous benefit package including Med, Dental, Vision, STD, 401k with match
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $75,000.00 - $85,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- product engineering: 5 years (Preferred)
- Manufacturing: 3 years (Preferred)