CEDC has an immediate career opportunity for a motivated Civil Engineer-Project Manager to join our growing firm.
- Site development design for civil engineering projects including the building layout, parking lot, internal drives, site grading, storm sewers, detention, sanitary sewers, pump stations, and other site related improvements.
- Coordination with MSD, MoDOT, MoDNR, US COE, and utility companies.
- Attend meetings with client, agencies, and jurisdictional county or municipality for zoning and project approval.
- Prepare construction documents to include site demolition, new site and grading, utility layout, drainage and storm-water prevention plans.
- Prepare specifications and review shop drawings
- BS in Civil Engineering
- PE license or EIT
- 5+ years experience in civil design
- Familiarity with MSD requirements is a benefit
- Demonstrated ability to manage, design and deliver high quality projects
- Extensive hands on knowledge and experience of civil design principals
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented and able to work on tight deadlines
- Highly motivated with a strong work ethic
- Able to work with minimal direction
- Candidate should be highly motivated with a strong work ethic, able to work well with minimal direction, able to communicate effectively with a variety of project team members, have the flexibility to perform design, drafting and some field work and recognize the importance of meeting stringent deadlines in an often fast-paced environment.
CEDC offers a competitive salary and benefits package including 100% of employee and 50% dependent’s medical insurance premiums, Simple IRA, bonuses, holiday, vacation and sick time. Starting salary will be dependent upon personal knowledge, skill and ability.
CEDC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, or any other reason prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws. EOE AA/M/F/D/V
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction