Hallam-ICS is a dynamic engineering, control systems integration, electrical safety services, and commissioning company with offices in Vermont, Connecticut, New York, Massachusetts and North Carolina. Since 1981, we have served the varying needs of our clients by maintaining a team of talented professionals. Hallam-ICS recognizes that our success as a business is built upon the quality of our employees, and as a 100% Employee Owned Company, every Employee is an Owner.
We currently have an opening for a Controls Engineer in our South Burlington, VT office. This position involves the design, programming, and configuration of control systems including PLC, HMI, SCADA, and other components to ensure proper system operation.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 4-15 years of controls engineering experience working with PLC, HMI and SCADA systems.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Technology or Computer Science preferred.
- Proficiency with PLC ladder logic and operator interface and SCADA development packages.
- Proficiency with Windows-based operating systems, word processing, and spreadsheets.
- Ability to read and interpret P&ID and electrical controls drawings.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize and juggle multiple tasks
- Flexibility and the ability to work in variable conditions
- Interested in continually learning and developing new skills
Training or Experience with the following is a plus:
- Experience with Visual Basic or SQL programming languages.
- Knowledge of computer networking.
- Experience with the installation of control panels and instrumentation.
Hallam-ICS is an equal opportunity employer – M/F/V/H.
Please send resume and cover letter to Human Resources through this site or through the career page at www.hallam-ics.com.
Job Type: Full-time
We are following CDC and state guidelines to keep our employees safe and healthy whether working from home, the office or a client site.