Pacific Concrete Cutting & Coring, Inc. began more than 20 years ago as a father-son concrete saw cutting company based on the island of Kauai. Today, we are still a family-owned business with offices in Lihue, Honolulu, Kailua-Kona, and Wailuku. Our services have continually expanded over the years to meet the ever-changing needs of our clients and now include concrete cutting and removal, coring, demolition, abatement, and grading.
Description of role:
PCCCI is looking for a detail-oriented Construction Estimating Manager to advise on the foreseeable cost of each of our major developments. To this end, the Construction Estimating Manager should obtain all relevant project specifications, determine the most appropriate building materials, and secure favorable prices on all resources. You should also inspect trends in construction to determine whether your estimates are both reasonable and competitive.
To ensure success as a Construction Estimating Manager, you should be able to translate project requirements into concrete figures with ease. A top-notch Construction Estimating Manager will adhere to financial constraints without compromising on our high standards.
- Competitive Wages
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx
- Paid Time Off
- Company Matched 401(k)
- Company provided vehicle, computer, and mobile device
- Opportunity to work for a strong team of comrades operated under an established and growing family-owned business
- Collecting all pertinent documents including property plans, technical drawings, and project specifications.
- Compile and plan budgets, cost estimates, and other financial estimates.
- Visit sites, warehouses and other venues necessary to do the estimate.
- Collaborate with engineers, architects etc. to determine the specifications of the project.
- Perform complex analysis of collected data and metrics.
- Prepare relevant and reliable forecasts and conduct complex risk analysis of activities, data, and metrics
- Studying documentation, meeting with clients, and inspecting the construction site to fully understand what work is required.
- Evaluates offers to purchase by costing changes, additions, and site requirements.
- Determine needed resources (manpower, equipment and materials) from start to finish with attention to budgetary limitations.
- Hire contractors and other staff and allocate responsibilities.
- Train and mentor construction workers and construction laborers depending on the size of the project.
- Obtains bids from vendors and subcontractors by specifying materials; identifying qualified subcontractors; negotiating price.
- Resolves cost discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Outlining the work plan to gauge how much time will be needed to complete each development.
- Obtain the appropriate permits and licenses from authorities for construction sites.
- Supervise the work of laborers, mechanics etc. and give them guidance when needed.
- Ensure all legal requirements, building and safety codes, safety inspections, city guidelines, health standards, and local and state regulations are met.
- Performing risk assessments to account for potential deviations from the project plan.
- Accounting for the use of our resources, plus a reasonable profit margin to calculate an overarching price.
- Drafting proposals that detail envisaged materials, costs, and time frames.
- Ensure all deadlines are met.
- Plan all construction operations and schedule intermediate phases to ensure deadlines will be met.
- Acquire equipment and material and monitor stocks to timely handle inadequacies.
- Handle any environmental or local community issues that may come up during a project.
- Meeting with clients to discuss their thoughts and concerns about our offers.
- Maintains continuity among corporate, division, and local work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- 5+ years Construction Industry experience is required.
- 3+ Years of Estimating Manager, Construction Estimator, or Construction Project Manager experience is required.
- Knowledge of construction project costs, estimating & technology
- Must be able to read and understand plans and specifications
- Organizational skills and attention to detail
- Self-directed worker able to work independently
- Ability to prioritize and multitask while being proactive and aware of deadlines
- Ability to communicate clearly, orally and written, with clients and staff
- Positive service-oriented attitude toward employees and clients
- Proficient computer skills, Microsoft Office, etc.
Indeed Hire and Pacific Concrete Cutting and Coring, Inc are working together to find the best candidate for this job.
By applying, you agree to be contacted by our agent, Indeed Hire, and receive updates via text and phone about your application.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $85,000.00 - $105,000.00 per year
- Construction Industry: 5 years (Required)
- Construction Estimator, Estimating Manager or Project Manager: 3 years (Required)
- Honolulu, HI: Between 31 and 40 miles (Preferred)