Organic Milling, Inc. is currently looking for an experience roll up your sleeves hands on Electrician Maintenance Mechanic to strengthen our San Dimas, California based maintenance department.
Organic Milling has been a leading manufacturer of breakfast cereals and granolas since 1960. www.organicmilling.com
Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in cleaning packaging equipment, operating packaging machines, or packing, wrapping and labelling pallets. Also must ensure to protect pallets from damage during storage or shipment by performing the following duties and reporting to production supervisor and plant manager. This individual will perform preventative maintenance and repairs on all packaging lines, and be stationed in the packaging area, ensuring that any breakdown is handled in a timely manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Completes weekly PMs on all packaging lines.
- Ensures that all packaging machines are in good working condition and well maintained throughout the week and throughout long runs
- Ensures that all packaging machines can hit the target run speeds that are outlined in the schedule
- Makes suggestions and creates a plan to improve the overall efficiency of the department
- Trains and instructs operators on best practices concerning each individual packing machine
- Becomes an expert on every line, continuously striving to grow and learn about the ins-and-outs of every line
- Maintains a rolodex of technicians that can be contacted at a moment’s notice if the line goes down
- Serves as the representative/point of contact when packaging companies are at the facility helping improve or repair a line
- Provides corrective instruction to all employees when breakdowns occur from bad practices
- Maintains adequate spare parts inventory
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Determines the root cause of recurring issues in the packaging department and identifies effective solutions.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Oral Communication - Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives.
- Change Management - Develops workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Prepares and supports those affected by change; Monitors transition and evaluates results.
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time. Helps lead the Pre shift meetings
Qualifications to perform this job successfully:
The individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Mathematical Skills - Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Need to be able to calculate how many pounds per hour we are packing. Need to be able to compute how long we will need to complete pack a sku in order to determine when the next product needs to be staged.
- Reasoning Ability - Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Computer Skills - To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Explorer Internet software; Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet software and Microsoft Word Processing software. Also be able to use an ERP system and be able to look up in IQMS key details. Be able to teach packaging personnel how to locate and ensure FG labels are correct. Double check manual sheets are what is in inventory at the end of a run
Must be able to work a volatile work schedule dictated by workload up to and including weekends. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The employee is frequently exposed to extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme cold and risk of radiation. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.
Organic Milling is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, religion, color, disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), age, veteran status or other legally protected characteristics. Any applicant with a mental or physical disability who requires an accommodation during the application process should contact a company manager or company officer to request such an accommodation.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Programmable Logic Controllers: 1 year (Preferred)
- Maintenance: 3 years (Preferred)