Schonbek, a wholly owned subsidiary of WAC, operates a robust factory in Plattsburgh, New York with over 100 passionate employees, many of whom developed their craft over the last 30-40 years under the tutelage of two generations of Schonbeks. Founded in 1870, Schonbek is a world-renowned brand of luxury crystal and custom lighting, reflecting a respect for craftsmanship while elevating luxury design. Schonbek will continue its 150+ year heritage of crystal lighting in upstate New York while the Schonbek plant there will also produce technically-advanced luminaires for the WAC, Modern Forms, dweLED, and AiSPiRE brands in the W group.
We believe people are our most valuable asset. Our competitive salary and benefits package includes: medical & dental coverage, wellness programs, vision, life, 401(k); paid time off; tuition assistance; and continuous training and development. We pay on performance and recognize and reward successful results.
The Programmer Analyst will design, develop and maintain business applications using various languages and techniques with a primary focus on client based development for a Progress OpenEdge database system.
- Ensure development objectives and project deliverables are completed on time.
- Responsible for the analysis of existing applications, providing enhancements, diagnosing and troubleshooting issues, and designing solutions for these applications.
- Provide training and documentation to end-users or professional peers.
- Use best practice in design, development, and deployment of applications to support various departments.
- Possess systems expertise in areas of software design, configuration, and implementation to effective deliver applications in various departments.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Related Field
- Strong, effective interpersonal skills and verbal and written communication.
- Ability to learn new technologies and apply best practice.
- Ability to multi-task and stay organized in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Strong knowledge of programming languages and concepts.
- Experience in Progress OpenEdge ABL or other database programming language.
- Experience with software in a manufacturing environment
Relocation assistance available!
Founded more than 150 years ago in Bohemia, Schonbek Lighting is a world-renowned brand of luxury crystal lighting. Its story began in 1870 when young Adolph Schonbek left his grandfather’s glassworks to pursue his dream of making custom chandeliers with the finest crystal. It has continued captivating consumers across generations and multiple continents with its timeless crystal lighting designs. www.schonbek.com
A second generation owner-operated company founded in 1984, WAC designs and builds a wide range of intelligent and integrated LED luminaires and ceiling fans across renowned brands such as MODERN FORMS, dweLED, WAC Lighting, LIMITED and AiSPiRE. The company’s strengths in original design, emerging technologies, solution-oriented innovations, and vertical manufacturing infrastructures, have catapulted it to a position of leadership in the lighting and ceiling fan industry. The award winning product portfolio also reflects the company’s commitment to ecologically sensitive manufacturing while delivering elevated design and cutting edge technology. www.waclighting.com www.modernforms.com
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: One location