The Paper Excellence Group (www.paperexcellence.com) has grown from a single mill to a multinational company producing 2.5 million tonnes of paper and pulp with over 2,000 employees. With 7 mills in Canada and 2 in Europe, we are continually investing in our mills and the communities in which we operate to ensure a long term strategic position in the industry.
The Senior Network Specialist will be responsible for the development, integration, operations and maintenance of all network technologies within the IT infrastructure. The Senior Network Specialist will participate in the design phase and provide input into the future direction of network technologies and management, analyze problems and drive solutions during testing and post-implementation and provide strong troubleshooting and implementation skills. This role will provide network support in the areas of Security, Routing, and Switching.
- Researches, develops and integrates new network technologies into the IT infrastructure.
- Provides expertise and direction of IT network infrastructure operations and controls, ensuring the integrity of networks, servers, and physical security of IT assets are maintained at all times.
- Ensuring the optimized performance, integrity, and security of all network access points and network systems, including but not limited to, firewalls, DMZ, external DNS, switches, routers, VoIP, wireless, remote access, video conferencing, and unified communication applications.
- Provides network strategic planning, architecting, design, network vulnerability assessments, network penetration tests, capacity planning, and project management.
- Work with vendors to procure products and services and to insure that contracted services are provided in compliance with Service Level Agreements.
- Collaborated with mill’s IT on various IT projects within tight deadlines.
- Provide on-call support and after-hours support for incidents.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks, work well under pressure, be attentive to detail and possess excellent problem-solving skills.Qualifications:
- Degree or Diploma in Computer Science, Telecommunications, Networking or equivalent
- Cisco Certifications (CCNP (R&S), or CCIE)
- Hands-on experience with data center migration and IP standardization.
- Thorough understanding of WAN infrastructure (MPLS).
- In-depth hands-on working experience with Cisco Network environment.
- Troubleshooting and Performance Analysis (e.g., WireShark, Solarwinds).
- Proven documentation skills with Network Design via Visio.
- Demonstrated time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills to manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, groups or activities.
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical thinking/innovation
- Demonstrated customer service, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with vendors and contractors.
- This position requires an average of 30% travel to operational sites within Canada.
- 5 to 7 years of experience with Cisco Network devices. (Routers, Switches and Firewalls)
- 5 to 7 years’ work experience with Network Security, WAN, Wi-Fi and Data Centre Technologies.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in managing network projects.
We offer competitive compensation package to the right candidate. We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position. All applications will be carefully reviewed, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Network Engineer: 6 years (Preferred)