Microwave R&D Engineer
At Knowles Precision Devices we make Multilayer, High Reliability, Single Layer and Precision Variable Capacitors, EMI Filters and Thin Film Devices. Our business was formed by combining Dielectric Laboratories, Novacap, Syfer and Voltronics, each well-established specialty capacitor makers with a combined history of over 175 years, into a single organization. Our expertise is the design and manufacture of components important to engineers in applications where function and reliability are key. The markets we serve include medical implantable and medical equipment, military, aerospace/avionics, EMI and connector filtering, oil exploration, instrumentation, industrial electronics, optical networks, telecom and automotive.
We aim to be a leader in every market we serve, to the benefit of our customers and our mutual long-term success. We achieve this by:
- Understanding our customers’ real needs and providing products and services to meet and exceed them
- Providing better products and services than competitors
- Investing in product development, manufacturing processes and people
- Insisting on the highest ethical standards and a business culture of trust, respect and open communication
Overview: This position works with the microwave production line on new product ideas. This position is based out of the Cazenovia, NY facility.
Reporting Structure: This position reports to the Vice President of Engineering.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Work with microwave production line on new product ideas.
- Develop high frequency microwave products and hybrid assembly.
- Submit patents on novel products and features.
- Project manage until launch using stage gate process.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Degree in electrical engineering with a concentration on microwave circuits.
- 5 years of microwave new product development experience.
- Experience with electromagnetic simulation software (HFSS, Sonnet, or other).
- Experience with Stage Gate NPD processes and design for six sigma.
- Experience developing DFEMA and product risk mitigation.
- Passive component environmental, mechanical, and electrical testing experience.
- Working knowledge of processes for intellectual property management.
- Experience with fast prototyping.
- Must have the ability to obtain a US security clearance.
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the US without restriction to ITAR documentation and materials.
- Must be a US citizen, legal permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Equal Opportunity Statement: Knowles Precision Devices prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Job Type: Full-time
- microwave design: 5 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement