The KPC Way:
The KPC Team strives to take the 9 to 5 “grind” out of the workplace and create a more efficient and overall healthier work environment. KPC has been in business since 2008 and is headquartered in Melbourne, FL. We provide training and development, information technology, assessment, and coaching services. Our respected, confident, and, agile team is passionately driven to always deliver superior results through innovative, nimble, and responsive solutions to help you and our clients THRIVE! If you are ready to make a difference in a dynamic work environment, KPC is your team.
We are looking for Curriculum Developers / Instructional Designers who design and develop a finished piece that is clearly either Instructor-Led or eLearning. In this highly visible role, you will participate in the planning, organizing, and developing of online and instructor-led training curricula, materials, and programs to meet specific learning technology needs.
The successful candidate will be an expert in training needs assessment, instructional design principles (i.e., Instructional System Design Model, adult learning, and other related adult learning theories and frameworks.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ability to articulate and lead the curriculum development or instructional design process
- Be the teammate everyone wants on their team
- Bring moxie and verve to the table
- Create memorable learning events that are sustainable
- Design and develop content and learning experiences for a variety of audiences and delivery methods including instructor-led and web-based/digital delivery
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Take ownership in making our company the best place ever to work
- Be a learning advisor to our clients both internal and external and make their lives easier
- Ability to articulate what the learner’s (client) experience means to you as a designer
- Be a problem solver, not a problem creator
- Challenge the status quo
- Be able to articulate what constitutes a quality learning product
- Update and revise products as necessary to maintain currency
- Develop meaningful assessments
- Ability to give test questions that challenge participants to recall, synthesize, and apply – and also to learn from being wrong
- Ability to partner with stakeholders and SMEs
- Be an expert in training needs assessment, instructional design principles (i.e., Instructional System Design Model, adult learning and other related adult learning theories and frameworks
- Ability to analyze performance data to determine the effectiveness of instructional systems, courses, or instructional materials
- Plan, create, develop, and support learning technology initiatives and provide technical expertise for the programming of online content.
- Develop webinars, WBT, self-paced training, and other learning technology offerings.
- Participate in the design, development, and maintenance of learning technology materials and applications including storyboards, wireframes, mockups, project plans, and other relevant design products.
- Provide support and training on existing and emerging learning platforms, practices, and technologies.
- Be creative . . . be ready to pull from your personal experiences when asked to propose training solutions!
Necessary Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Required Education and Skills:
- Knowledge of various and current learning approaches
- Application of instructional design and principles of adult learning
- Strong technical and creative writing skills
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and relationship-building skills
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Organizational and planning skills
- Ability to work independently or with little direction, when required
- Strong computer skills, including Windows, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Familiarity with Content Management Systems a plus
- Knowledge of web conferencing platform and digital authoring tools a plus
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Ability to independently manage projects from start to finish by adhering to deadlines, utilizing organizational skills, and effectively collaborating with team members/customers as needed
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite applications
- Bachelor’s with specialization in Instructional Design, adult education, or a related field. Master’s degree a plus
- 3-5 years’ experience developing and supporting online learning and other learning technologies
- Experience creating learning experiences in both synchronous and asynchronous learning environments
- Experience with Kirkpatrick evaluation methodology
- Experience working with Learning Management Systems (LMS), including SCORM packaging, testing, and uploading courses.
- Experience building effective client and team member relationships
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience using learning technology tools and applications a plus
- Experience with 508 compliancy standards, requirements, and tagging
- Proficient in at least one rapid-development eLearning tool, such as Adobe Captivate, Articulate Storyline, Lectora, Xyleme, or other authoring tools