A programmer in the engineering department has the responsibility of developing machine recognized codes and operating instructions. These programs are to be generated for all components routed through the company's CNC equipment. Programming is performed using Sigma Tube, a software extension to SolidWorks. Attention to detail and the ability to interpret part drawings are skills necessary for this position. Also, interpersonal communication skills are vital for the fulfillment of the programming position.
1. Associates degree in CNC programming and/or two years of experience programming in a similar work environment.
2. Proficient with CAD systems and techniques.
3. Strong verbal and written interpersonal communication skills.
4. Proven keen attention to detail.
5. Experience with shop procedures and environment.
Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
1. Program repetitive and new customer parts accurately.
2. Efficiently nest jobs by material size while reducing material waste.
3. Remain dedicated to reducing cycle times.
4. Troubleshoot CNC code when machining issues arise.
5. Ensure all programmed parts match drawing revision levels.
6. Work closely with laser operator when developing new operating parameters.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $39,000.00 to $54,000.00 /year
- CNC Programming: 2 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
Visa Sponsorship Potentially Available:
- No: Not providing sponsorship for this job
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- Day shift
- 8 hour shift
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible