Tarboro, NC, US, 27886
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
As a leading developer, manufacturer, and global supplier of scientific laboratory products for 100 years, Corning’s Life Sciences segment collaborates with researchers seeking new approaches to increase efficiencies, reduce costs and compress timelines in the drug discovery process. Using unique expertise in the fields of materials science, surface science, optics, biochemistry and biology, the segment provides innovative solutions that improve productivity and enable breakthrough discoveries.
TThe purpose of this position is:
Perform any number of order fulfillment tasks that may include receiving, shipping, put away, cycle counting, picking, scanning, wrapping, sort and segregation, replenishment, order consolidation, packaging, and loading of items as outlined by work instructions. Use of a computer and scanning system to receive and complete tasks.
This position includes significant duties such as:
- Perform audits to ensure compliance to documented procedures
- Relocation and inventory to include requisite documentation
- Counting and categorizing inventory on and off-site
- Preparation and packaging of customer ordered inventory
- Investigation of inventory inaccuracies
- Document all reported equipment malfunctions to the shift supervisor as needed.
- Operating powered industrial vehicles may be required based on the specific job task
- Use of manual and automated pallet jacks required
- In compliance with cross training, perform multiple tasks within department boundaries
- Recommend improvements to process and/or equipment that enhance performance and accuracy.
- Train others in the tasks assigned per established procedures
- Support warehouse activities such as iKaizens, safety teams and events committees as requested.
Temperature controlled warehouse. Some exposure to heat and cold during truck movement. Some exposure to elements of dirt, dust, and noise associated with an active warehouse environment.
High school or General Education Diploma (GED)
Basic computer skills at the data entry level. Experience in a warehousing environment driving a fork truck or other PIV preferred.
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Nearest Major Market:
Nearest Secondary Market: