Customer Service Engineer -Aerospace (Full-Time)
Diehl is one of the leading partners of major international aircraft manufacturers in the areas of systems and cabins. Renowned aircraft manufacturers like Airbus, Boeing, Embraer as well as international airlines are among our clients.
Our Customer Service Center Americas in Sterrett, Alabama advises and supports our customers in the region when it comes to problem analysis, error and problem resolution, logistics matters as well as performing any rework or finishing and modification of components from our portfolio. https://www.diehl.com/aviation/en/diehl-aviation/company/sites
As the Customer Service Engineer, you will be troubleshooting, identifying, and resolving any issues or requests from our customers. You will also work directly with our customers and OEM’s to answer technical and product related questions, along with being the frontline support of transforming customer issues into solutions or improvements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Clearly presents information through oral and written communication, reads and interprets complex information; talks with employees, customers and suppliers; demonstrates strong listening skills.
- Analyzes and troubleshoots to resolve technical inquires.
- Customer focused- demonstrates a high level of service excellence, does what is necessary to ensure customer satisfaction; reinforces excellence as a fundamental priority.
- Listens to and responds to customers’ needs while understanding and meeting customer requirements.
- Builds relationships with and gains trust of customers by always meeting commitments.
- Strong problem-solving abilities and detail oriented.
- Staying abreast of market and industry standards and develops contingency plans when needed.
- Required to balance priorities and multiple projects.
- Provides front-line technical response to inquiries received by the customers.
- Highly proficient in MS Office Tools (Word, Excel & Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Ability to work in the ERP system, (e.g. Sage or SAP preferred, but not required)
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or similar discipline
Minimum 1 year of experience in customer support and the development of successful customer relationships or “preferred” minimum of 1 to 2 years of experience in a similar position required showing a progressive increase in responsibility
The ability to communicate in the German language is a “Plus”
50% Travel is required, both domestic and internationally
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
We offer a competitive base salary and extensive benefits. We also offer extensive additional benefits such as a SIMPLE IRA match, comprehensive health benefits, and generous paid time off. Relocation support possible.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00 to $65,000.00 /year
Pay may depend on skills and/or qualifications
- similar: 1 year (Preferred)
- customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Relocation assistance
Communication method(s) used:
- Answer incoming customer inquiries
- Collaborate with management teams to stay updated on new products, services, and policies
- Record customer information within our customer service database
- Engage with clients in a friendly and professional manner while actively listening to their concerns
- Offer support and solutions to customers in accordance with the company's customer service policies
- Other duties as requested
This Job Is:
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply