StudyForge is an exciting digital curriculum company helping to create engaged and successful learners by empowering students and those who support them. Located in Kelowna British Columbia we distribute curriculum to thousands of students in BC and abroad.
StudyForge has a casual on call opening for an Intern Learning Experience Designer to contribute to the culture and mission of StudyForge by building online courses using CSS, HTML and content entry skills, as well as creative content work using the Adobe CC suite. This is an entry level role that is meant to allow someone with minimal experience to grow a wide variety of skills with the possibility of long term specialization.
This position is casual on call position with flexibility to work remotely or onsite in our Kelowna office.
As the Intern Learning Experience Designer, your duties and responsibilities will include:
Building Curriculum Content and Web-Based resources
- Collaborate with writers and other team members in designing interactive and engaging learning experiences
- Work with the curriculum developers to create StudyForge learning objects
- Accurately enter content developed by course writers
- Achieve StudyForge’s standards and expectations for quality of work
- Create and maintain web properties for other StudyForge and HCOS programs
Providing Support and Maintain Existing Products
- Track down complex support requests and find fixes to curriculum content issues
- Repair, update and maintain existing curriculum products and web properties
- Represent and Foster the Culture of StudyForge
- Represent mission and values of HCOS and StudyForge well, in all internal or external communications
- Give and receive constructive feedback about problems with the job, work environment, or product, and actively participate in creating a better workplace for everyone
- Collaborate with others and advocate for what will make StudyForge the best digital curriculum provider.
We are looking for someone with:
Personal and relational proficiencies for all StudyForge team members:
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Empathetic, servant-hearted, values relationship
- Relentless and determined when solving complex issues
- Open and willing to both give and receive constructive feedback
- Embraces conflict resolution
- Flexible and willing to learn new technologies
Technical proficiencies for this role:
- Basic understanding of HTML code and syntax
- Basic understanding of CSS code and syntax
- Basic understanding of CSS preprocessors like SASS or LESS
- Basic understanding of graphic editing software
- Comfortable with the design/creative process (Define, Ideate, Prototype, Build, Analyze)
- Optional: Basic proficiency with Animate CC or other 2D animation software.
Please apply online Intern Learning Experience Designer or by copying and pasting the following link into your browser https://forms.kccnet.ca/view.php?id=398739
Applications will be accepted until February 20, 2020.
Job Types: Part-time, Casual
- computer: 1 year (Preferred)