Volkert, a Top 100 design firm (#87, ENR), is engineering the future of infrastructure in Transportation, Energy, Water, and Environment. Volkert is currently searching for a talented Water/Wastewater Engineer for the Tuscaloosa, AL Office to support development and delivery of water and wastewater related projects in the Tuscaloosa area and multiple southeastern states.
What you’ll be doing:
- Responsible for execution of the planning, design, construction and startup phases for projects related to water treatment, transmission and distribution; and wastewater collection, conveyance and treatment.
- Leading the analysis, design, construction administration, and preparation of technical reports, plans, and specifications for stormwater related activities as they relate to water/wastewater projects for various owners, including municipalities and ALDOT.
- Will work independently as well as plan and supervise work of teams of professionals and technicians.
- The position includes client interaction and a commitment to client service with quality, innovation, and honest value.
- Participate in business development, proposal preparation and client maintenance.
- Communicate with leaders and marketing resources to assist with development of projects.
- Bachelor's degree in civil or environmental engineering from an ABET accredited program.
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE) in state where the position is available or capable of obtaining licensure within one (1) year from date of employment.
- 5-10 years of technical and project management experience including, but not limited to:
o Water/Sewer distribution
o Pump/lift station design and operations
o Force main and plant design
o Well-versed with AL Stormwater Management Program
o H&H Analysis
- Experience with participating in proposal development and client presentations.
- Candidates must be or willing to become an active member in AWWA or WEF.
- Active involvement in AWWA or WEF and interest in pursuing leadership opportunities.
- Experience with hydraulic modeling software or process modeling software.
Volkert is an employee-owned firm, and our culture is expressed in the way we live out our five-fold mission, which serves as a guide for our actions every day.
- To serve the public in a professional and ethical manner
- To serve our clients with quality, innovation, and honest value
- To serve our employees through sustainable corporate growth, employee ownership, and personal development
- To serve our profession by promoting the highest standards of practice
- To serve our neighbors through community service
The words of our chairman, Perry Hand, capture best why we do what we do:
“An engineer is put forth on earth to solve problems. Engineers brought us the quality of life we enjoy today. Together we have laid the groundwork for future generations to continue building upon, so that our future can be as prosperous as our past.”
If you share this passion and want to make a difference, please apply!
* Volkert does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee-based recruitment services.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 5 years (Preferred)
- Professional Engineer (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off