Element Biosciences is a multi-disciplinary startup focused on innovating genetic analysis tools for the research and diagnostic markets. The Company's technology will broaden the end user experience through improved data quality and simplified workflows to benefit discoveries and diagnosis in healthcare.
Job Description: Sr Staff Engineer / Sr Manager, Microfluidics Process Development
We are looking for a driven, passionate professional to co-develop our processes with our products. We look for flexible candidates eager to build an amazing company and launch an amazing product! The Process Development team is integrated with our technology and product development teams, with a focus on pulling the technology out of the lab and enabling it in Operations.
This role will be working on developing the microfluidics device component of our product. The devices incorporate cutting edge technologies from materials science, device assembly, and surface chemistry disciplines, which makes this role highly integrative. We are looking for technical and/or people leaders in this position.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan and execute experiments within the device production process that involve multiple materials on synthetic substrates
- Build documentation for user and system requirements, participate in product architecture and design, drive risk analysis, and support integration and testing activities
- Work with development scientists and engineers to establish chemistry protocols translate to standard operating procedures
- Lead troubleshooting problems in experiments in terms of assay design, protocol and reagents.
- Lead projects in device assembly and surface chemistry to support the operations transfer and commercialization of the product/process
- Lead development of supplier partners to support successful component development and product commercialization
- Plan quality control approach for product and process reagents and substrates
- Lead and manage growth of Process Development team in the microfluidics device area
RELEVANT SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Experimental design and statistical data analysis and visualization (such as JMP or R) are required; additional capabilities with image analysis and scripting are a plus
- Experience in pilot/full-production environments, including tech transfer activities, sustaining support, and continuous improvement
- Creative and independent thinker; excellent communication skills; good team worker; ability to multitask and work independently; and ability to find creative solutions to problems are required.
- Proficient in device assembly and/or surface functionalization and related metrology techniques, e.g. thin-films deposition (ALD, CVD, sputtering, etc), material removal (etch, CMP), and metrology including SEM, AFM, XPS, XRF, SIMS, etc.
- Knowledge and use of computer software for technology and business purposes is required.
- Ability to produce high quality work with great attention to detail in a rapid and efficient manner.
EDUCATION/TRAINING/WORK RELATED EXPERIENCE:
- Successful candidates will have Educational background in mechanical or chemical engineering, materials science, bioengineering, or engineering physics, or similar fields
- Typically requires a Bachelors degree with 8-12 years experience, OR Masters with 6-10, OR PhD with 4-7 years experience.
- Experience in both Development (new product introduction) and Operations settings, preferably with experience commercializing products in a fast-paced environment
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages. We are committed to providing opportunities to our colleagues so they can achieve the best versions of themselves in their career trajectories. Join our winning team!
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Signing bonus
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Parental leave
- Relocation assistance
- Professional development assistance
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Aggressive -- competitive and growth-oriented
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative