A DIFFERENT KIND OF …
“We’re working to run a different kind of company. The kind of place we’d want to work, that makes the kind of food we’d like to eat, and that strives for a healthier, more sustainable world –the kind of world we’d like to pass on to our children.” –Kit Crawford, Co-CEO & Founder
Guided by our innovative business model & the Five Aspirations – Sustaining our Business, Brands, People, Community & Planet- we believe that food provides health, joy and energy to do the things we love. Working at Clif Bar Baking Company is a chance to make impactful changes. To your career. To your community. To your planet. And, to your life!
The Engineering Team is looking for a Controls Engineer to…
Provide automation and controls support for multiple production lines to ensure the efficient production of a quality product. Focus on maintaining safe and reliable manufacturing systems while improving production rates, efficiencies, yields, costs, and changeovers.
· Ensure personal safety, food safety and quality protocols are followed.
· Manage and execute the modification and optimization of instrumentation and control systems including PLC programs and HMI applications.
· Develop and maintain facility As-Built Electrical, Controls, and Process Drawings. Develop and maintain control system documentation and documentation change control procedures.
· Ensure plant modifications, upgrades, and new installations comply with Federal, State, and Local engineering codes and regulations.
· Maintain a high level of equipment reliability utilizing maintenance, engineering, and appropriate resources to resolve equipment availability issues.
· Provide technical resources for incident investigation, cause analysis, and corrective action. Participate when requested in the finished product and raw ingredient non-conformance process.
· Assist in developing and delivering electronics and controls training for the maintenance technicians.
· Manage calibration of plant instrumentation.
· Troubleshoot process, control, and electrical equipment.
· Work with the engineering, maintenance, and quality departments to ensure accurate and timely information is provided to ensure and verify the quality of finished product.
· Ensure that the processes in the plant do not deviate from the validated conditions.
· Perform other related duties as requested.
Position-Specific Skills Required
· Be a genuine Clif Bar & Company ambassador, who exemplifies the Clif Bar culture in all communications and interactions.
· Be flexible and available to interact and connect with people at all levels in the organization.
· Be self-directed and motivated.
· Identify areas for process improvements through analysis of efficiency data and process review. Include improving equipment performance, and creating troubleshooting tools.
· Provide night and weekend coverage as needed, with on-call status with expectations of immediate response.
· Strong ability to inspire and motivate self and others.
· Able to work collaboratively with all teams and departments to continuously improve equipment reliability and uptime in the facility.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to develop effective relationships with peers and leaders across an organization.
· Creatively manage numerous tasks and set priorities to solve and prevent problems, with the ability to delegate work responsibilities as required.
· Ability to prepare reports and correspondence and to perform analytical tasks of test data.
· Ability to assist in project management and to apply principles of logical and scientific thinking to the resolution of problems.
· Display individual leadership skills, resolve problems/conflicts, and mentor/coach as needed.
· Take ownership for actions, behaviors and contributions while inspiring and motivating self and others.
Technical Expertise Required
· Strong MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Outlook calendar and email management, and written and oral communication skills.
· Strong understanding of manufacturing and maintenance requirements to meet personnel safety, food safety, and quality standards.
· Strong knowledge of AB, Fanuc and Wonderware.
· Knowledge of NEC, OSHA, ISA, and ANSI requirements.
· Ability to troubleshoot problems related to PLCs, HMIs, Ethernet communications, sensors, robots, servo drives, and vision systems.
· Troubleshoot and maintain Allen-Bradley MicroLogix and ControlLogix hardware.
· Perform Allen-Bradley PLC programming implementing RSLogix5, RSLRSLogix5000 software.
· Perform Allen-Bradley PowerFlex Series variable frequency drive programming.
· Troubleshoot and maintain Ethernet, Allen-Bradley Remote I/O and DeviceNet/ControlNet communication networks.
· Ability to read and troubleshoot using blueprints and electrical schematics.
· Experienced at training maintenance and production personnel.
· Experience with previous manufacturing plant or line start-ups a strong plus.
· Experience with SCADA highly desired.
· Minimum of 4 year B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering or related field preferred.
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience in automation and controls in a production facility.
· Experience in a manufacturing or food production environment a plus.
At Clif Bar Baking Company, the journey has always been more important than the destination. HOW we get things done is as important as WHAT gets done, and our Ingredients (CREATE, INSPIRE, CONNECT, OWN IT, BE YOURSELF) remind us of just that. We challenge and celebrate one another, we help to balance each other’s lives, and we value laughter and fun as an integral quality in our workplace.
We also value diversity and celebrate our people being their most authentic selves. We believe that an inclusive, diverse, and equitable workplace makes us more creative, innovative, effective, and resilient – a truly different kind of company! We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, experiences, and perspectives. Clif Bar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We want to help our people live the lives they want to live so we’ve created an environment where we all can grow and succeed both personally and professionally through creating a company culture that inspires and supports our people inside and outside of work.
We sustain our people with comprehensive benefits, annual incentive plans, company matching on 401k contributions, and employees are encouraged to participate in paid volunteer opportunities. Additionally, our people enjoy a paid sabbatical program, sustainability benefits including a cool commute program, and athletic competition stipends, as well as National and State Park, Pass reimbursement. In 2010, Kit & Gary implemented an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) recognizing employees’ roles in helping build our business. Come join us at Clif Bar Baking Company!
Pre-employment reference check, background check, and drug-screening are required for this position.
Clif Bar Baking Company of Twin Falls, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applicants of diverse backgrounds to apply.
To apply on-line or for additional information, please visit our website: www.clifbar.com/who-we-are/careers
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $88,910.00 - $142,290.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
Work Location: One location