Join the industry leader to design the next generation of breakthroughs
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers, and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
The Mechanical Design Engineer I position is part of ISC R&O Engineering within the Aerospace Mechanical Center of Excellence organization. The Mechanical Design Engineer I will be part of a Technical Hardware Group that is responsible for engineering operations in support of an OEM-affiliated, FAA-certified aerospace repair station in Phoenix, AZ.
The Technical Hardware Group consists of 20 engineers, which are responsible for repair and overhaul support requirements for various aircraft and marine components as well as test systems support and improvements. The ideal candidate would be an experienced engineer with strong interpersonal skills, as the position demands frequent interaction with both internal and external customers. The candidate must be capable of exercising initiative and sound judgment.
- Provide technical support to the ISC Repair & Overhaul workshop by driving customer service, health, safety and environmental HSE, quality, delivery and cost issues
- Provide technical support for disassembly, inspection, repair, assembly and testing of aircraft products
- Support the global productivity goals for engineering savings, through Repair Development, test system improvements and implementation of standardized processes (i.e. Workscoping)
- Examine all aspects of the Repair & Overhaul process for standardization opportunities
- Develop repair schemes using new and existing repair technology for aircraft and marine components
- Identify Workscoping opportunities to improve business performance relating to reliability, quality, process turn time, first pass yield, cost, productivity and warranty claims
- Identify and implement aggressive cost reduction initiatives and identify external business opportunities relating to the Repair & Overhaul business
- Partner with our customers to identify and execute actions, which solve problems for our customers and drives future growth opportunities
- Operate as a team member in Continuous Improvement, Six Sigma and Honeywell Operating System (HOS)
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing, Electrical or Aerospace Engineering from an accredited university
- DFSS Certified, or can gain certification within 6 months
- Lean Expert and Blackbelt certifications
- Proven technical skills in manufacturing processes
- Ability to read and interpret maintenance manuals and design drawings
- Ability to analyze and process test systems issues and provide solutions to get systems back in service
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills, as the position demands the ability to represent the site in technical discussions with customers and/or regulatory agencies
- Familiarity with the specific Honeywell products listed in the site capability list
1944 E Sky Harbor Circle,Phoenix,Arizona,85034,United States
Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.