United States of America
Carrier-Syracuse, NY 6304 Thompson Rd, Syracuse, NY, 13221 USA
This role's start date is scheduled for June 2020
UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a leading provider of heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems leading to safer, smarter, sustainable and high-performance buildings. UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a unit of United Technologies Corp., a leading provider to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide.
Carrier is the world’s leader in high-technology heating, air-conditioning and refrigeration solutions. Carrier is a part of UTC Climate, Controls & Security, a unit of United Technologies Corp., a leading provider to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide.
If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and are looking for an opportunity to develop your operations career, then we have a great opportunity for you.
UTC Climate, Controls & Security has an excellent opportunity for a self-directed, highly motivated and results oriented experienced Associate Mechanical Engineer to play a key role on the Commercial HVAC Unitary Engineering team. This particular team is responsible for developing and providing engineering support for commercial air conditioning systems (rooftop and split systems) ranging from 3 to 30 tons. This position is for an entry level engineer to support the Commercial Unitary Engineering Team. This position is located in Syracuse, NY
Key responsibilities for this position include:
Responsible for engineering program support of a new small or medium rooftop product development project of significant program scope.
Accountable for meeting the product requirements and meeting the business requirements for the program.
- Interface with manufacturing to ensure that designs meet manufacturing process capabilities
- Run computer models to simulate system and component performance
- Guide and direct lab technicians in refrigeration testing
- Develop test assignments for new product design in HVAC equipment
- Analyze data from HVAC equipment testing
- Ensure HVAC equipment meets all customer, safety, and reliability requirements
- Work with internal marketing and operations customers on a daily basis.
- Document process improvements as part of standard engineering work.
- Interfacing with manufacturing personnel to ensure design meets operations team requirements.
- The candidate will be required to work with multi-disciplined teams for rapid problem solving, close out of issue resolution projects and product test validation. Demonstrate broad engineering skills and abilities for design product and cost reduction opportunities. Provide assistance and support to our manufacturing operations. Strong communication skills with ability to interact with cross functional team of engineering, design, manufacturing and lab team members.- Solid technical skills and analytical proficiency.- Strong understanding of thermodynamics, fluid flow, and heat transfer.- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office. Demonstrated technical capability to understand Air Conditioning, Mechanical, Structural design, Drafting, Modeling, Piping designs, Tolerance build up analysis and assembly models and drawing skills. Possess teamwork skills and an ability to interact well with other team members. Must be dedicated to customer satisfaction and demonstrated capability to establish and maintain strong business relationships with customers and co-workers. Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word & PowerPoint) Effectively communicate in written and spoken English, both technical and conversational. Be proactive and results oriented
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering (Master’s/PhD degree preferred) 0-2 year of relevant experienced Product development team. The group is responsible for developing air conditioning systems for commercial products ranging from 5 to 150 tons. This position is for a new product development engineer.
Projects and tasks will generally focus on one or more of the following:
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Heat Transfer and Fluids Flow
- General Design
- Project/Engineering Management
- Program Management
- Design and development of refrigeration systems and components.
- Develop computer models to simulate system and component performance.
- Work with design team in developing cost effective designs.
- Develop and manage laboratory qualification programs for new products.
Carrier is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.