We are adding a full-stack software engineer to a small team of top performers. The team is focused on developing complex, AI-based algorithms and forecasting applications for risk management and decision support in the finance industry. The position requires close collaboration with our science and product teams to promote learning, effective working relationships, and more efficient product development.
As a senior software engineer, you will:
- Prototype and develop new products.
- Maintain existing legacy software.
- Research and introduce new technologies for internal tools and production software (e.g. to accelerate product prototyping, or to facilitate customer deployments).
- Re-architect and re-engineer core software to integrate new features and products, and to make it more flexible and easier to maintain.
- Work as part of an agile development team.
- Skills & Requirements
We look for top performers who:
- Value actions and results, not just ideas
- Influence what we do and how we do it
- Focus on company performance because we succeed or fail together
- React to new information and are comfortable to change course of action if it best serves our customers
- Have a passion for continuous improvement and learning
- 4+ years as a software engineer
- Experience with frontend development in React
- Experience with C# .NET development
- Experience in an agile environment
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field; Engineering, Computer Science, etc., Master’s preferred
- Experience with SQL and relational databases
- Experience with green field and legacy work
- Exceptional communication & interpersonal skills
- Complex problem-solving skills
- Detail orientation
- Easy to work with
- Be nice
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- REACT: 3 years (Preferred)
- C# .NET: 1 year (Preferred)
- SQL: 1 year (Preferred)